VMware Cloud Community
atfrys
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

VCAC 6.0.1 provisioning from VCO does not allow me any actions from VCAC

Once VCO provisions a VM using VCAC, I cannot execute the VM actions like suspend, snapshot and re-provision.  Those items are only there when I provision from an entitlement.

Thank you

-Stephen

Thank you

0 Kudos
6 Replies
UserVcac
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! I am on the same case. Did you find the solution?

0 Kudos
AntLeguy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Almost one month since last message, if anyone has any more clues, that would be great Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
atfrys
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

First you will need the VCAC plugin that supports requesting catalogs.  I had the issue where I was using the VCAC 6 plugin, but was only able to request the blueprints the 5.2 way which I could not manage those VM's using the new 6 way. 
High level steps:
Make sure you have the automation center plugin at least the versions I stated below.
vCloud Automation Center 6.0.1.1875427
Once you have the latest plugins you should see some new workflows as well as the plugins that support all the new provisioning ways of VCAC 6.  I have had a ton of success with the versions of the plugin above and manipulating the built-in workflows.  I feel the VCAC 6 way is a lot cleaner etc.
Thank you
-Stephen
0 Kudos
UserVcac
Contributor
Contributor

I have the latest plugins, but still having the problem. Any other idea?

Thank you

0 Kudos
UserVcac
Contributor
Contributor

There is any other configuration to do ? Like install vCO customization ? or adding a ressource actions to the workflow??

0 Kudos
thoppay
Contributor
Contributor

What kind of resource are you deploying? If it is VM, then make sure in your entitlement has the resource actions listed.

Refer the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34JA-ARRkE0 for more info.

0 Kudos