VMware Cloud Community
siglert
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCAC 6.0.1 Change VM Owner Issue

I've installed VCAC 6.0.1 in a distributed environment (not that that would be the cause of the issue).  There were a number of VN's that were already previously a part of the vCenter 5.5.0b.  I imported the VM's under management control of VCAC and assigned myself as the owner of the VM's.  Now that i can manage the servers through the business group (which i am an administrator of) I wanted to change the owner of the VM's to other members of the group.  I can log in as other users and request a VM with that user and the user gerts provisioned a VM without issue and that user is the stated owner of the VM.  When I try to change the owner from myself to that user I get the following error:

Exceptoin during request callback with ID (XXXXXXX - bunch of numbers) for Item (XXXXXX- bunch of numbers)  Error Message [Error Code 42300] - [Error Msg: Infrastructure Service provider error]

When logged in as myself if i try to take ownership of a VM that was provisioned fromthat user i get the same error and the request fails as well.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Could you navigate to the infrastructure tab and look in the Logs menu and see if anything is there?  If something suspicious, there's a stack trace there or you could grab the full log file from the remote server.

0 Kudos