VMware Cloud Community
zimmi78
Contributor
Contributor

Update Fileds in Item view

Hi Christian,

I finally got the time to change the BuildingMachine stub. I finally got it to work with my blueprint and it created a VM with the specifications according to the T-Shirt size in vCenter. but in the vCAC portal I see the wrong information for the VM.

VM in vCenter is 2 CPUs/2048MB RAM. In vCAC it shows this:

vm_in_vcac.JPG

1 CPU and 512 MB RAM were the values I entered into the standard fields during the machine request.

How can I get the correct values here? Is this not live data collected from vCenter?

Is there a way to get rid of the standard fields? They are not used anyway.

Thanks

Zimmi

The values for CPU and RAM are update in the Building Machine Stub according to a VM size the customer choses in the request. I checked vm1015 again this morning and the values were correct this time. After another provisioning I checked the DB and there the values for CPU and Memory are correct, even though the values in the portal are still displayed wrong. When do those fields get updated and how? I would like to trigger that mechanism to update the fields after provisioning so they show the correct values.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I'm pretty sure you need to run the data collection on the compute resource.  In 6.0 I ran that post deployment and everything seemed to sync up.

0 Kudos