VMware Cloud Community
ROHANBAJAJ94
Contributor
Contributor

REPO404 ERROR WITHIN THE INFRASTRUCTURE TAB

Hi ,

What can cause the Infra TAB to display error of REPO404 :- " Service Unreachable – A required service cannot be reached at the expected address. Contact your system administrator for assistance. Reference error REPO404 " .

PS: -

-- All the vRA services are up and running perfectly fine.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
rchaubey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

can you check if service is running with local admin account? if yes than change these to be an AD user.

your all services should be run with Domain admin account and it should have SQL  access.

Regards,
Randhir
0 Kudos
ROHANBAJAJ94
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply .

I am running all the services from a domain user account having local administrator rights on the IaaS machines. 

The same account have the a sysadmin rights on to the DB as well. 

All Services are running under the same domain user Service account. 

Regards,

Rohan bajaj

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Lots of causes for this. Need more information about your architecture.

0 Kudos
ROHANBAJAJ94
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Distributed deployment in place without HA.

0 Kudos
Jiju_25
Contributor
Contributor

> Is this a new deployment?

> Anything changed since it was last working? Service account user name or password, DB password change etc

> What version of vRA?

Have you taken a look at the KB: VMware Knowledge Base to troubleshoot 404 errors.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

What version of vRA is this? Is this a new vRA installation or an existing one?

Go to the appliance VAMI and check the Services tab. What shows as not in a REGISTERED state?

0 Kudos
ROHANBAJAJ94
Contributor
Contributor

Yes , It is a new deployment. 

It never worked. As soon the deployment was complete . I went ahead to check the Infra TAB and i am getting the REPO404 error.

The version used is 7.4 . 

Regards,

Rohan bajaj

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Then you've configured or deployed something incorrectly, possibly have MS SQL issues, or connections thereto. Because you're not being very forthcoming with information that would otherwise help you, at this point I'd recommend destroying this deployment and building it again taking screenshots of every phase in the deployment wizard as you go along.

0 Kudos
ROHANBAJAJ94
Contributor
Contributor

Just a quick update to all, 

I restarted the stack and found out that the Iaas-service is showing a "BLANK" and the error has changed from REPO404 to ERROR401 not authorized.

The Default IIS Website that i am using is not a microsoft default but a hardened image , as per the certain enterprise standards. I am suspecting that Something is pushed as per the enterprise policies and standards which is hampering my IIS website Communication.

0 Kudos
Jiju_25
Contributor
Contributor

Look at the earlier KB article that I shared regarding t/s 404 and 401 errors.

0 Kudos