VMware Cloud Community
Lie_DW
Contributor
Contributor

Placement error

Hi Guys,

Before opening a call with vmware, I'll ask my fellow vRA people for help Smiley Happy

I get a Placement error when deploying server blueprints. I believe this started after the upgrade from 7.4 to 7.5 but I'm not 100% sure. I did the upgrade in our production environment and everything still works...

Error:

Placement service unable to provide recommendations for blueprint "" during blueprint request; Provisioning will proceed according to default vRealize Automation placement logic.

I already deactived/activated the Placement Policy to use vRealize Operations Manager for placement recommendations; I installed the latest version of the vRealize Automation management pack in vRealize Operations Manager, the collection in vROPS is running.

I'm missing something but I have no idea what.

Hope you guys can point me in the right direction.

Kind regards,

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GayathriS
Expert
Expert

Is this error just displays on VRA UI or is this impacting anything on VRA for you ?

regards

Gayathri

0 Kudos
Lie_DW
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

We are working with storage policies so the vm is not placed correctly. The SPBM workflow will put it on the correct datastore after deployment if necessary but it should be placed on the correct one when it gets deployed.

0 Kudos