VMware Cloud Community
woshijinyun1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

In blueprint the vm how to appoint resource pool?

Hi Everyone:

vra 8.1, i design blueprint, i create someone resource pool in vsphere. how to appoint cloud vsphere machine use which resource pool?

for example, i create a test resource pool in vsphere, and in the blueprint code, i want vsphere machine use the test resource pool, and how to write it in code?

thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hello woshijinyun1​,

For using the Resource Pool you will need to specify it with Capability Tags and assign them to the resources that you have available in your Cloud Zone. In the Cloud Zone you will see on the Compute tab that you have listed all the Resource Pools and Clusters. There you can apply the tags and inside the blueprint you can apply multiple logics but this is an example for you to follow at least to start from somewhere:

1. Create a tag called resource:test
  2. Apply that tag to the Resource Pool from the Infrastructure Tab > Compute (Or from inside the Cloud Zone)
  3. Go to edit the Blueprint.
  4. On the Cloud_vSphere_Machine section just add the "constraints:" section inside the "properties:" section and add the tags. It would look to something like this:

Cloud_vSphere_Machine_1:

properties:

constraints:

tag: "resource:test"

Of course there are parameters missing in the code but it will depend on your blueprint such as image, flavor, assignment, etc. But adding those lines it would help to satisfy your requirement.

From now on everytime you deploy the VM it will go to the Resource pool called test. However this is a basic logic so if you want to do it more dynamically like for multiple resources i would suggest to use inputs. For doing that i would suggest to read the next page: How user input can customize a vRealize Automation Cloud Assembly blueprint

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hello woshijinyun1​,

For using the Resource Pool you will need to specify it with Capability Tags and assign them to the resources that you have available in your Cloud Zone. In the Cloud Zone you will see on the Compute tab that you have listed all the Resource Pools and Clusters. There you can apply the tags and inside the blueprint you can apply multiple logics but this is an example for you to follow at least to start from somewhere:

1. Create a tag called resource:test
  2. Apply that tag to the Resource Pool from the Infrastructure Tab > Compute (Or from inside the Cloud Zone)
  3. Go to edit the Blueprint.
  4. On the Cloud_vSphere_Machine section just add the "constraints:" section inside the "properties:" section and add the tags. It would look to something like this:

Cloud_vSphere_Machine_1:

properties:

constraints:

tag: "resource:test"

Of course there are parameters missing in the code but it will depend on your blueprint such as image, flavor, assignment, etc. But adding those lines it would help to satisfy your requirement.

From now on everytime you deploy the VM it will go to the Resource pool called test. However this is a basic logic so if you want to do it more dynamically like for multiple resources i would suggest to use inputs. For doing that i would suggest to read the next page: How user input can customize a vRealize Automation Cloud Assembly blueprint

0 Kudos
woshijinyun1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Think you