VMware Cloud Community
jaelae
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Import OVA in Service Broker Automation

Currently running vRealize (Aria) Automation 8.9.1. I do have the environment working but wanted to setup a Service Broker front-end to allow users to upload custom OVA's from the interface. I found the following plugin on the VMware Marketplace:

https://marketplace.cloud.vmware.com/services/details/vmware-realize-orchestrator-ovf-transfer-plug-...

This supports vRA 8.6.1 and appears to mostly work with the current version but might just be on my end to figure out any other criteria I need to make this work properly. This is a vRO plug-in that I imported into the local vRO deployed within Automation. This connected successfully and I see workflows that I converted into Catalog Items:

Create Catalog Item from OVF_OVA
Generate a new Workflow from OVF_OVA
Import a Virtual Machine from OVF_OVA (Normal and Advanced)

I do have the import a virtual machine working by placing an OVA on an FTP server and using this type of request to create a new deployment from the OVA. However, for any OVF properties, you have to populate each key/value manually during this as it will not download and read that file ahead of time since it is on an FTP. I believe the ideal scenario would be to leverage Create Catalog item from OVF_OVA, create a new Catalog entry which would be able to display all OVF required properties that need to be populated.

Perhaps this isn't the best solution but does anyone have any insight on a similar use case?

Labels (2)
1 Reply
mehrantgs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

same question

0 Kudos