VMware Cloud Community
michael_stefani
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Icons under Items - Machines

So in vRA6 I'm pretty sure the icons under the machines tab matched the icons you selected in the catalog.  In vRA7 I noticed that my deployments show the correct icon (Windows vs Linux), but under Machines I see that generic green and yellow icon.  Is that just me or is everyone seeing the same?  Anyone know of a way to change that so the machines show the appropriate icon?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

That icon just denotes the type of machine, vSphere in that case. If you had a blueprint that contained an AWS EC2 instance, the icon would reflect that machine type.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

That icon just denotes the type of machine, vSphere in that case. If you had a blueprint that contained an AWS EC2 instance, the icon would reflect that machine type.

0 Kudos
michael_stefani
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

That makes a little more sense.  So only the deployment tab shows the icon based on the catalog item.  Machines shows the icon based on the type of resource (vSphere, AWS, etc.).

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Correct, because it's entirely possible (and necessary in some cases) where a single deployment encompasses vSphere and public cloud machines of some sort along with networking and maybe XaaS components. All receive a different icon to signify to the user the pieces and parts included in a given catalog item.

0 Kudos