VMware Cloud Community
twindude
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Error connecting to SSO on vCAC appliance

I have deployed and setup ID appliance and vCAC appliance.

•      VMWare  ID appliance - v2.0 Build 1445146
  •      VMWare vCAC appliance - v6.0 Build 1445145
  •      VMWare ITBM Standard - v1 Build 1446817

I can successfully log in to vCAC. (I only have the default tenant setup vsphere.local)

Smiley Sad Can anyone help me here with this SSO error or point me in the right direction/forum......????

vCloud Automation Center Host and SSO Credentials

Failed to register with vCloud Automation Center server

SSO Status

Error creating bean with name 'cafeRegistrationInitializer': Injection of autowired dependencies failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire field: private com.vmware.vcac.core.componentregistry.rest.client.RestClientEndPointFactory com.vmware.itfm.cloud.vami.cafe.service.init.CafeRegistrationInitializer.restClientEndPointFactory; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'restClientEndPointFactory' defined in class path resource [pluginConfig.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'componentRegistryConnectionInfo' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'componentRegistryConnectionInfo': FactoryBean threw exception on object creation; nested exception is java.lang.RuntimeException: java.net.ConnectException:

0 Kudos
9 Replies
kdelgadovmw
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Screenshots would help, but please confirm you included the correct SSO host (FQDN) and port (:7444) in the vCAC VAMI SSO tab (no https prefix though).

@KCDAutomate
0 Kudos
rbtwindude
Contributor
Contributor

I have the SSO host on the vCAC set to FQDN and port 7444 which is pointed to the vmware ID appliance.

I point the ITBM to this same SSO host.

vcac_sso.jpg

I have also tried the ID applance address (FQDN)

ITBMSSO.jpg

0 Kudos
Bellyache5
Contributor
Contributor

I am also having the exact same issue. Any insights would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
kdelgadovmw
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The most likely culprit is time sync issue or certificates issue.  Ensure ITBM VA as synced to same NTP source as SSO, and make sure you accept the certificate at bottom of that screen in ITBM SSO reg VAMI page.

@KCDAutomate
0 Kudos
stvkpln
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Remove the https from the SSO URL. The format should be fqdn:port.. no need for the protocol... vCAC will figure it out.

-Steve
0 Kudos
bugblatterbeast
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Try removing @vsphere.local from the SSO Admin User too.

VCP4/5, VCP6-CMA, VCAP-DCA4/5, VCAP-CIA, AWS-CSA, CCNA, MCSE, MCSA
0 Kudos
gsaliensjr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had a similar problem and it was all time related.  Make sure your time is consistent throughout the environment.

0 Kudos
paichayon
Contributor
Contributor

At ITBM Console on VCAC Tab:

Host name = VCAC Appliance Server Name (FQDN) , Example: vcac.demo.com

SSO Default tenant = vSphere.local

SSO Admin user = Administrator

and your Administrator@vSphere.local password

And After Register success, make sure for time sync for VIA , VCAC, ITBM

0 Kudos
miegg2
Contributor
Contributor

For anyone looking here for help - the SSO host is case sensitive. So whatever the name in the Certificate is stated as.

Example.

SSO Host* "hostname.domain.com"

Then you receive this message:

"Invalid SSO configuration"

My Certificate for SSO is "HOSTNAME.domain.com" not "hostname.domain.com"

Change SSO host* to "HOSTNAME.domain.com"

SSO Status : Connected......

0 Kudos