VMware Cloud Community
Mikael_8313
Contributor
Contributor

ERROR MSDTC VREALIZE AUTOMATION 7.5

Hello Guys,

I would like deploy a new minimal instance vRealize automation 7.5  I prepare my IaaS server and my SQL Server, But when I click on validate I have an error on the SQL Server

Error1.png

The local MS DTC or the one on the IaaS database server (if the database is external) is not configured correctly for network access. If the servers that host MSDTC have been cloned their CID might not be unique (located in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/CID) thus causing this issue. To regenerate its CID values the MSDTC must be reinstalled. Details: La communication avec le gestionnaire de transactions sous-jacent a échoué. Details: Le gestionnaire de transactions MSDTC n’est pas parvenu à extraire (en pull) la transaction du gestionnaire de transactions source en raison de problèmes de communication. Causes possibles : absence d’exception pour le processus MSDTC sur le pare-feu existant, les deux ordinateurs ne se trouvent pas mutuellement à partir de leur nom NetBIOS ou la prise en charge des transactions réseau n’est pas activée pour l’un des deux gestionnaires de transactions. (Exception de HRESULT : 0x8004D02B)

> Disabled Firewall IAAS & SQL : OK

>  Remove & Install MSTSC . : OK

> Configure MSTSC with Best practice:  OK

I'm not sure  during the step SQL Server Configuration  which good information should I put exactly :

error2.png

Do you have an idea?

Thank you Smiley Happy

Mikael

5 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

When you click the "validate" button, does it come back successful? Also, show the MSDTC configuration you've set on your SQL box.

0 Kudos
AScera
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Mikael,

I had a similar error:
pastedImage_0.png

The solution was to enable several options in MSDTC of my SQL Server.

pastedImage_1.png

I hope help you.

Regards RA.

daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

It doesn't matter if it's the "most optimal", it's required for vRA to function. If you don't enable and set DTC according to the documentation, installation and configuration will fail.

AScera
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You're right, and as you say according to the documentation is the optimal solution. Here is the links SQL Server Configuration for vRealize Automation & Configure Network Access for Distributed Transaction Coordinator

Thanks for the recommendation, Best Regards RA.

0 Kudos
IbanezVF
Contributor
Contributor

I'm installing vRA 7.6 with vRLCM....

This one, solve my issue with "Install IaaS web" step.

The errors I get were:

Result: (10032)The MS DTC on the IaaS database server is not configured correctly for network access.

If the servers that host MSDTC have been cloned their CID might not be unique(located in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT / CID)thus causing this issue.

To regenerate its CID values the MSDTC must be reinstalled.

Result: (10033) The local MS DTC or the one on the IaaS database server (if the database is external) is not configured correctly for network access.

If the servers that host MSDTC have been cloned their CID might not be unique (located in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/CID) thus causing this issue. To regenerate its CID values the MSDTC must be reinstalled.

Details: Communication with the underlying transaction manager has failed.

Details: The MSDTC transaction manager was unable to pull the transaction from the source transaction manager due to communication problems.

Possible causes are:

a firewall is present and it doesn't have an exception for the MSDTC process,

the two machines cannot find each other by their NetBIOS names,

or the support for network transactions is not enabled for one of the two transaction managers.

(Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004D02B)

This fix applied in both servers, IaaS and SQL, fixed my issues.

Thanks for the post

JI

0 Kudos