VMware Cloud Community
Craig_G2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Decommissioned ESXi hosts listed as available compute resources

Morning everyone,

It appears that there are old ESXi hosts still listed as valid compute resources when editing my main fabric group. These servers have been decommissioned and remove from the datacenter, so the entries in the list are useless.

I found this VMware KB: VMware vRealize Automation 4.x/5.x/6.x does not support removal of compute resources afte... which suggests that the removal of old compute resources was not supported for 6.0.x

I am running 6.1.0 in production.

Has anyone had a similar issue? I'm wondering if it is going to be a poke the database job to get rid & stop vRA trying to collect data from them.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
siglert
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've successfully done this through editing the database tables.  There are a number of dependencies that you have to get rid of but you will notice them.

willonit
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

As far as I am aware this still requires manual database intervention to do. Check this thread where someone has posted a process fro removed hosts from the DB Re: Unable to delete compute resources. Alternatively, I have had VMware support help with database related modifications before so you might want to contact them before diving into the DB.

Craig_G2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Thanks guys! 🙂

0 Kudos
beefy147
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

if you can live with it just "untick" the decomissioned hosts in the fabric group so they dont appear anywhere else (thats what I have done)

if you need to remove the endpoint then that will need some manual DB work which is far from ideal

0 Kudos