VMware Cloud Community
awjudge
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

DEM Problems

Hi all,

I'm setting up a dev environment (all components on the same server) and I'm having trouble getting my DEMs up and running. They install fine, no errors there. But I get an error in the log for the DEM with the following, any suggestions?

[UTC:05/06/13 05:14:08.274 Local:05/06 15:14] [Trace]: =================================================================================

[UTC:05/06/13 05:14:08.311 Local:05/06 15:14] [Trace]: Execute DEM: Start

[UTC:05/06/13 05:14:08.338 Local:05/06 15:14] [Debug]: Assembly Cache Location: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\AssemblyCache\Orchestrator

[UTC:05/06/13 05:14:08.365 Local:05/06 15:14] [Trace]: Orchestrator Controller: Startup

[UTC:05/06/13 05:14:08.369 Local:05/06 15:14] [Trace]: Orchestrator Connection Manager: Startup

[UTC:05/06/13 05:14:09.636 Local:05/06 15:14] [Error]: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>

<boolean>false</boolean>

Error occurred while registering the DEM

System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. ---> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendAuthResetSignal(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest, Exception exception)

at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)

at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessReceivedBlob(Byte[] buffer, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)

at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)

at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)

at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessReceivedBlob(Byte[] buffer, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)

at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)

at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)

at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Net.TlsStream.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult result)

at System.Net.TlsStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

at System.Net.PooledStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeaders(Boolean async)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
awjudge
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

My own fault...!

I was using the wrong FQDN in the configuration of the DEMs and Agent configuration. It didn't match the FQDN on the certificate.

Cheers,
Alex

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
awjudge
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Just an update to this, this error comes up when I try adding agents to the system also. The same error, practically word for word.

0 Kudos
JKougoulos
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

I guess you are using some kind of self-signed certificate in IIS and you use https as transport protocol.

Have you tried putting this certificate in the trusted root certificates of the user that runs the DEM/agents

Regards,

John

0 Kudos
awjudge
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

My own fault...!

I was using the wrong FQDN in the configuration of the DEMs and Agent configuration. It didn't match the FQDN on the certificate.

Cheers,
Alex

0 Kudos