VMware Cloud Community
WenshengLiu
Contributor
Contributor

Clone, Sysprep with credential in Advanced Service VCAC6.0GA

Hello, everyone,

I encountered a problem while I tried to perform vCO workflow 'Clone, Windows Sysprep with single NIC and credential' service I created in Advanced Service in vcac6.0 GA. I want to use it to clone from a VM and customize it with joining a domain.

This request failed with Status Details 'Unable to start workflow for request:386be37f-2951-47a1-825a-ec991095c183. Reason: java.lang.NullPointerException'

I troubleshoted by myself and get the point that because of the domainAdmin credential issue.

2.jpg

You can see there is no option to input password, unlike vCO client in which a window pop for user to input both domain username and password.

--------------------------------------

Is there anybody can help me? many many many thanks~~~~~~~~

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
WenshengLiu
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, everyone,

Update info now...

It is not the credential problem,I was wrong...

I selected another workflow 'Clone windows with single NIC', the request still failed with the following details:

Status Details

"Unable to start workflow for request:d467b7b8-e2a6-4b8e-9e55-a859a5dda073. Reason: java.lang.NullPointerException"

It's sucks...I worked with this error the whole still can not fix it T.T...

pls help...thanks...

0 Kudos
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I was running into this same error quite a bit after installing the latest pre-release vCD 5.1 plugin.  I ended up disabling the plugin and also selecting "re-load all plugins" from the plugin configuration tab in the Orchestrator configuration.  I am not sure if it was disabling the plugin or forcing the re-load that cleared things up but one of them was the trick.  I am going to re-enable the vCD 5.1 pre-release and see if it magically works now.

0 Kudos
WenshengLiu
Contributor
Contributor

I reinstall the vcac-app, identity-app, iaas server with external vco 5.5

All are clear but still encounter this error...Smiley Sad

And the more strange thing is I can not delete custom resource which I create before, it show me a message. error: service not found...

Now I have no idea about vcac6.0...

0 Kudos
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

When you setup the external 5.5 server did you also install the vCAC 6.0 plugin ?  I had to grab the dar file from the embedded vCO server and install it on my external vCO server.  I'm not positive it has to be installed to create an external service but it might.  Have you tried using the embedded server and if so were you able to setup advanced services that way successfully?

Another thing you might try doing is disabling all unneeded plugins and restarting the orchestrator services.  So far I have encountered the behavior you are running into twice and in both cases it was an issue with a plugin (in my case the vCD plugin)

0 Kudos
WenshengLiu
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,  buddy,

I didn't install vCAC6.0 plugin. I think it is not necessary. Because vcac can access vco feature after configuring the external vco.

I configured the external vCO5.5 server in vcac, and added vcenter endpoint in ASD, then I checked the vco configurator-vcenter plugin, the vcenter host was added well.

I can create and run any other workflow such as 'clone VM without customization','create a datacenter','delete a VM' without error. However, I just can not customize VM with the error mentioned above....

And initiallly I used the embedded vco with this error, that's the reason why I tried the external vco...but still encountered this error...

0 Kudos