VMware Cloud Community
BillStreet00
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Bulk Import Problem

I have created my CSV file and it tests fine.  I imported a couple of my VM's with no issue.  However when importing VM's for someone else I get an error that that person is not part of my business group.  How can I import VM's for a different business group(s)?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
poorem
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

When importing VMs, everything has to line up correctly or you'll get those sorts of errors. The user that you receive errors for has to be a member of a business group, either directly or via group membership. That business group must have a reservation for the infrastructure where the VM resides and that reservation must include the network and storage that the VM is connected to. The user must also have an entitlement to the blueprint you're trying to assign the imported VM to.

You're probably missing one of those configurations.

0 Kudos
BillStreet00
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You are correct.  The import format is correct.  The user, John, is part of the ITDEV business group.  I am part of ITENG and ITDEV.  When I try to import John's machine, it tells me that he is not part of ITENG.  The ITDEV group has their reservations including the network along with the entitlement to the blueprint.

0 Kudos