VMware Cloud Community
EdSp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Artifact Repository in vCAC Application Services

Hi,

I am trying to setup an "Artifact Repository", but find it hard to get my head around a few things. We are using VMware vCloud Automation Center v6.1.0.

The fact that there are no examples in the docs makes it that bit harder.

If anyone has practical feedback or examples, etc, that would be much appreciated!

For example:

1) In Repo Access Properties, I have parameters for a hostname and path, where the scripts may be stored.

2) Not sure about Artifact Identifier Properties... I guess there is one entry per artifact in the repository.

3) In the Actions, there is only a RESOLVE_ARTIFACT script. The doc specifies that this is "a script to resolve the location of an artifact". So if our artifacts (bash scripts) are stored on an NFS share, is this a copy statement to get the script copied to a deployment target location??

In the "Artifacts", I see I will have a list of artifact names/descriptions, and a list where each artifact is linked to a repository where it must be taken from.

I can bind repositories to a Cloud's Deployment Environment.

Finally, in the Blueprint of an Application Version, I can bind a property of a Service to an Artifact.

So my main issue seems with the Artifact Repository...

Many thanks!

Ed

0 Kudos
0 Replies