VMware Cloud Community
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

After upgrade to 7.3.1 from 7.3 getting 401 unauthorized access due to bad credentials on Infrastructure tab.

After upgrade to 7.3.1 from 7.3 getting 401 unauthorized access due to bad credentials on Infrastructure tab.  The IaaS service is of course not connected in the service list but all other services are up and running.  I tried logging into the vami, selecting vRA Settings, then under Host Settings clicked on Reinitiate trust.  It shows the certificates getting updated.  I swear we had a similar issue once before and we needed to manually recreate a solution user or something along those lines.  Anyone else hit this issue with 7.3.1?

Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Turns out it was a database issue.  I'm still pretty confounded on what might have happened.  We did move the MSSQL database a month or so ago.  The connection string changed when we did this.  After the upgrade the connection string reverted to the original endpoint.  During the upgrade is it possible a value was read from a configuration file or the database itself and overwrote the current valid connection string with what was used during the install?  Once we connected that everything fell back into place.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hey Paul, I've hit something similar in this although not yet in going from 7.3 -> 7.3.1. One thing to check: Look at your Web box(es) and make sure the binaries actually got updated. Best check all the IaaS boxes. I've found that sometimes although the upgrade will say it was successful, some IaaS components failed to actually upgrade yet still returned the thumbs up to the café appliance.

qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I don't think that is the issue here.  A quick eyeball of the server directory shows me lots of files updated on 3/13 and the versions are 7.3.1.????? .  Thanks though.

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

an easy way to check whether all IaaS components are properly updated is to login to the VAMI on a VA node then go to the cluster tab and look at the table at the bottom.

it will show you versions for each component, make sure to actually EXPAND the rows on the table to see the details;

if all is updated, and restarts does not help, you might need to re-register the solution user.

but that is best done with help from vmware GSS

qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Turns out it was a database issue.  I'm still pretty confounded on what might have happened.  We did move the MSSQL database a month or so ago.  The connection string changed when we did this.  After the upgrade the connection string reverted to the original endpoint.  During the upgrade is it possible a value was read from a configuration file or the database itself and overwrote the current valid connection string with what was used during the install?  Once we connected that everything fell back into place.