VMware Cloud Community
SeanKohler
Expert
Expert

ASD Presentation Instance ID

I am trying to find the REST binding between an ASD custom resource and it's presentation ID in vRA.

"key": "provider-__ASD_PRESENTATION_INSTANCE",

"value": {

"type": "string",

"value": "95aed522-cccc-4520-b541-13b94ffb11de"

}

It appears that each *published* instance in vRA inventory has a different  "provider-__ASD_PRESENTATION_INSTANCE".  I need to programmatically write this value because I figured out something pretty cool: changing both ownership and business group of any custom resource item.  Problem is, I can fire the canon after loading it manually, but I cannot load it automatically until I find that value based on an inventory Catalog Resource object in the vRA plugin in vRO.  (e.g. I have the name, the ID, the binding ID, etc etc.)  I am digging through the REST documentation to find where an ASD provider bound resource is further bound to a vRA Inventory item and what that ID is.

The idea being, with the name of the resource in vRO I can get any of the properties related to that name, and I need to lookup the vRA inventory ID (provider-__ASD_PRESENTATION_INSTANCE) for that item based on one of those properties.  Or I can get the value based on execution of an ASD request against the vRO workflow.  I already checked all of the execution properties when ASD calls a vRO workflow.  (e.g. __asd_targetResourceProviderId, __asd_targetResourceInternalId, etc)  None of them contain that referenced ID.

If that makes sense to anybody and you have the answer, please share.  Just the location in the REST API where that value can be found would do perfectly.  I can take it from there.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SeanKohler
Expert
Expert

Turns out... it is likely not required as part of the request data.

0 Kudos