VMware Cloud Community
timgawne
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Resource Mappings - Change CMDB Class

Hello, we have v5 up and running and looks great. I can't figure out how to change the Resource Mappings to import CIs to our standard table though. The documentation says to edit the 'Class Name' but that field isn't showing up as it did in an older version of the plugin. Below is a screenshot where I was expecting to see a field for changing the class. Is there somewhere else we're supposed to map to our preferred CMDB class, 'cmdb_ci_server'.  Thanks!

pastedImage_0.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CalsoftTechie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

timgawne​ Changing class name is not available in ITSM 5.0. We have removed this section from documenttaion .You can just update payload section if required. Class name change is not available as we are using transform maps and target table is fixed there.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
CalsoftTechie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

timgawne​ Changing class name is not available in ITSM 5.0. We have removed this section from documenttaion .You can just update payload section if required. Class name change is not available as we are using transform maps and target table is fixed there.

timgawne
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Fantastic, makes sense, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. :smileygrin:

0 Kudos
austinrion
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

For clarification, if we are currently mapping our CI's to cmdb_ci_win_server and utilizing the plugin mappings they are getting mapped to x_vmw_vmware_vreal_vrasn_vmware_virtual_machine_instance, can we just update the transform map to point to cmdb_ci_win_server?

0 Kudos
austinrion
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Any further documentation about re-mapping these classes? As updating the transform map, breaks the rest of the integration here.

0 Kudos
mrchadhall
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'm facing the same issue. I need our CIs to go into cmdb_ci_server using the v5.1 plugin. I had hoped to try changing the import set transform but apparently that breaks something? Can you elaborate on a workaround to allow the CIs to go into a different CI class?

0 Kudos