VMware Cloud Community
draymond10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No sensors defined - Error

Anyone seeing this error inside the vRealize Module > Logs

REST call error found inside VRASNRequestUtil.preImportRequest: No sensors defined

REST call error found inside VRASNAuthGenerator.generateAuthCode: No sensors defined

REST call error found inside VRASNRequestUtil.preImportRequest: No sensors defined

REST call error found inside VRASNImportCMDB.reconcileCMDB for pagination: No sensors defined

REST call error found inside VRASNImportCMDB.preImportCMDB: No sensors defined

We're seeing it across multiple script includes.functions

ServiceNow ticket opened; This error can be fixed by adding a line of code "request.setEccParameter('skip_senor',true)", but that would man changing a lot of plugin code. We have raised a HI ticket also for this but they are also giving the same solution and directing to check with vRealize support for the fix.

7 Replies
CalsoftTechie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The As per ServiceNow comments, the No Sensors Defined message indicates that "the corresponding sensor for the probe is missing or inactive."

You may need to check the third party tool configuration for its sensor definitions in order to find the probe that is producing the no sensors error.

Other Solution here is we need to add one line everywhere whenever REST call is made.

request.setEccParameter('skip_senor',true)";

We will be taking care of this in next release but also check for sensor definition at vRA end for now to get rid of this error message.

Regards,

Manish Patil

0 Kudos
draymond10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Isn't the vRealize Automation plugin for Servicenow the 3rd party tool ????  We made the manual updates as a work around. Dave

0 Kudos
CalsoftTechie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

May be I didn't ubndertand your query but vRA is third party tool for ServiceNow

0 Kudos
draymond10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Same error; latest version of vRA plugin 8.0.1  Thank you Doug!

ImportCatalog_NoSensorsDefined.png

I traced it back to:

response = this.appUtil.makeApiCall( endPoint, 'get', '',midserver, "application/json", "application/json", 'Bearer '+token);

if(response.haveError())

{

CASLogger.error('REST call error found inside vRAImportCatalog.preImportCatalogSchedule: '+ response.getErrorMessage());

return false;

}

Where appUtil is defined as

this.appUtil=new CASAppUtil();

The error comes up under “vRARegistervRA.generateApiToken” as well, but only sometimes.  Sometimes it works.

0 Kudos
tommuthu
Contributor
Contributor

draymond10​ - can i know the version details of ITSM plugin and VRA ?

0 Kudos
draymond10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

latest version of vRA plugin 8.0.1 vRA 8.1 (yes I know this is unsupported for now, but it appears to work after our workaround hacking the plugin adding code to disregard the sensor error).  I've also seen this same error on previous versions of vRA/plugin.  VMware acknowledged the issue and said it would be fixed next release

0 Kudos
siddhichincholi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Manish, Even I am facing the same error while Integrating vRA with Servicenow. 

CASAppUtil.makeApiCall: API wzseapvvra03.wz.hasbro.com/csp/gateway/am/api/login?access_token request was not executed sucessfully.Re-run the request after verifying the Mid Server.com.glide.ecc.ECCResponseTimeoutException: No response for ECC message request with sysid=553c436b1ba33d909dce2172604bcb63 after waiting for 30 seconds in ECC Queue

Can you please share if you were able to resolve this.

0 Kudos