VMware Cloud Community
ahtshun83
Contributor
Contributor

Can VMWare ESX 3i installed on HP Proliant DL360 G5

Hi all,

anyone has successfully install VMWare esx 3i on HP Proliant DL360 G5?

I found this article saying that it is under the HCL but i just want a confirm answer..

http://communities.vmware.com/message/1027851#1027851

one more question..if the esx 3i server rebooted, will the virtual machine start up automatically or i need to manually power on them?

thank you in advanced

0 Kudos
6 Replies
djciaro
Expert
Expert

Yes I have successfully installed ESXi on a Proliant DL360

as regards the automatic start up you will need to configure the ESX to start the VMs in the order of your choice:

To configure virtual machine startup and shutdown

1. Click the Inventory button in the navigation bar, expand the inventory as needed, and click the appropriate managed host.

2. Click the Configuration tab to display configuration information for the host.

3. Click the Virtual Machine Startup/Shutdown link, and click Properties.

4. Select Allow virtual machines to start and stop automatically with the system.

5. Click Continue immediately if the VMware Tools starts to have the operating system boot immediately after VMware Tools starts.

6. To have the operating system start after a brief delay, enter a Default Startup Delay time.

This delay allows time for VMware Tools or the booting system to run scripts.

7. Select a shutdown action.

8. Enter a Default Shutdown Delay value to delay shutdown for each virtual machine by a certain amount of time.

This shutdown delay applies only if the virtual machine has not already shut down before the delay period elapses. If the virtual machine shuts down before that delay time is reached, the next virtual machine starts shutting down.

9. Use Move Up and Move Down to specify the order in which the virtual machines start when the system starts.

10. To configure user-specified autostartup and autoshutdown behavior for any virtual machine, select the virtual machine in the list and click Edit.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!
ahtshun83
Contributor
Contributor

which model of DL360?is it G5?

may i know which storage controller are you using on your proliant?

thank you!!

0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

Thread moved to the ESXi forums

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

Tom Howarth VCP / vExpert

VMware Communities User Moderator

Blog: www.planetvm.net

Contributing author for the upcoming book "VMware Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment”.

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos
djciaro
Expert
Expert

it was a few months ago for a customer, yes it was a G5 and as far as I remember the controller was a HP Smart Array P400i/256MB

ahtshun83
Contributor
Contributor

one more question.....will the DVD rom work prefectly after install ESXi or i need some extra configurations?

I will be installating ESXi tml....

Thank you in advanced

0 Kudos
djciaro
Expert
Expert

no problems with the media drive, it worked fine for me

0 Kudos