VMware Cloud Community
phillbl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

raw device mapping not showing

Hi,

I have just created a 300gb disk on our san and presented it to our esx servers (3.5) and did a rescan. under configuration - storage adaptors the vmhba is correct and shows the lun id and capacity. The raw LUN is presented to all hosts

When i try to add the disk while the machine is switched off it does not show under 'select and configure a raw lun'

Any ideas??

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Remember when adding a Raw LUN you need to select the VMFS datastore where the RDM (the pointer to the RAW LUN) will be stored -the next step is where you select the RAW LUN to use -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
phillbl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

i deleted and recreated my lun and the LUn then appeared. If i add the lun as a rdm to one machine should I also be able to add the lun to a second machine?

Is it possible to share the LUN to two vitrual machines allowing them to see the disk, without using clustering software i.e. MS Clustering

thanks

0 Kudos