VMware Cloud Community
tlyczko
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VirtualCenter 2.5 U6, correct build number??

Upon upgrading, I saw in Help/About a build number 227637.

I went to VMware's download section to check this was the right build, since very little in U6 actually says U6.

Their site says build number 227666.

Do any significant differences exist between these build numbers, should I be concerned??

VC seems to be behaving appropriately, it even seems a little faster than before.

Thank you, Tom

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

That is the correct build number for U6. The other number is the build number with all the other modules.

DVD ISO image that is the installer which includes vCenter Server 2.5 Update 6 (build 227637) and its sub-components (including VMware vCenter Update Manager (build 64005), VMware vCenter Converter (build 62417), VMware Infrastructure Client software, VMware License Server, and VMware Infrastructure WebAccess)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

That is the correct build number for U6. The other number is the build number with all the other modules.

DVD ISO image that is the installer which includes vCenter Server 2.5 Update 6 (build 227637) and its sub-components (including VMware vCenter Update Manager (build 64005), VMware vCenter Converter (build 62417), VMware Infrastructure Client software, VMware License Server, and VMware Infrastructure WebAccess)

0 Kudos
tlyczko
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Few more easy points for you...I think many of us don't read that part, we just click and go. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Thank you, Tom

0 Kudos