VMware Cloud Community
Redmption
Contributor
Contributor

VCB Problem : Can't backup using UUID

Hi!

After opening a call at VMware for the known bug problem where VC says that VMware tools are 'not runnning', the vmware support engineer gave me a few workarounds.

The same as in the kb article that has come out ( http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=1008709&sl... )

Now, We want to use the workaround where you use UUID instead of IP with vcbMounter.

Now we have a script that we run to backup with VCB.

Normally, before the bug, we used vcbMounter -h 10.0.0.2 -u UserID -p passwd -a ipaddr:%1 -r location

for the %1 parameter we used the VM name, and that gets resolved by DNS, and the backup started

Now, we want to use this vcbMounter -h 10.0.0.2 -u UserID -p passwd -a uuid:%1 -r location We give the UUID, but the backup doesn't start,and when we look in the logs it says that it can't find the ipaddress. So it is still trying to resolve the IP!

Is there something we are doing wrong in the command, or is there a option somewhere that we need to turn on/off?

I'm actually a VCB newbie, so my knowledge is quite limited!

Is there someone who has the same problem, or better yet, has the solution for us?

thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
0 Replies