VMware Cloud Community
fresan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

RPM for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (64-bit)

Hello!

We have a new inviroment whit ESX 3.5U3. We want to manually install Vmware tools for our RHEL5/RHEL4 and now I wounder where we can get the rpm for this and what one we should use for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (64-bit) and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 (32-bit)?

/F

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Cooldude09
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

I am not sure about that if its available separately...try this path on esx /vmimages/tools-isoimages/linux.iso.... Also in case if its not available then you can use VI to mount the same.

Regards

Anil

Save the planet, Go Green

if you found my answer to be useful, feel free to mark it as Helpful or Correct.

If U find my answer useful, feel free to give points by clicking Helpful or Correct.

Subscribe yourself at walkonblock.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Cooldude09
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Just use the install VMware tools option in the VI clinet. Then mount the cdrom drive in the VM, cd into the mounted folder and you could see two files with .tar.gz and .rpm extension. Then you can copy the rpm and install as desired..hope this helps..

Regards

Anil

if you found my answer to be useful, feel free to mark it as Helpful or Correct.

If U find my answer useful, feel free to give points by clicking Helpful or Correct.

fresan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank's I'll try this.

Do you know if Vmware have these files for download?

/F

0 Kudos
Cooldude09
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

I am not sure about that if its available separately...try this path on esx /vmimages/tools-isoimages/linux.iso.... Also in case if its not available then you can use VI to mount the same.

Regards

Anil

0 Kudos