VMware Cloud Community
MALIK_ADEEL_IMT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How to connect 2 ESX server.

Dear AWo and All,

I have some confusion and i think you can help me to resolved it.

I have 2 IBM blade servers and on each blade i have installed ESX3.5 server.

There is another machine (my workstation machine on which i am working) on which i have installed "VMware Infrastructure Client". To create and connect virtual machines.

Now when i connect any one of those ESX server it connect's only single way e.g if i want to do some thing on machines resides on A-IBM blade server i will connect it through VM-I-C and then do thing and vice versa on second

B-IBM blade server.

What and Where is V-Center Server ?

How can i configure it?

FROM WHERE SHOULD I GET IT?

Is it necessary to do clustering on SAN to implement V-Center?

I hope you will help me in this regard.

Thanks

Adeel Imtiaz

PSE

NetSol Technologies Lahore

Pakistan

Malik Adeel Imtiaz Principle System Engineer NetSol Financial Suite NetSol Technologies Lahore Cantt Pakistan 54792
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal

Your discussion has been moved to the VI: ESX 3.5 forum.

Dave Mishchenko

VMware Communities User Moderator

0 Kudos
ShanVMLand
Expert
Expert

vCenter manages the multiple ESX hosts centrally. Once you install the vCenter server, you can connect/manage those ESX hosts. To login the vCenter, use the same VI Client and use the vCenter hostname/IP address. There you see those managed hosts.

Also, vCenter enables lot of features such as VMotion, HA, DRS. In order to install vCenter, you dont need SAN. Just WIN2003 and MSSQL (Built-in).

You need to procure additional license to use vCenter. You can try 60-Days trial Edition.

Thanks,

Shan

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
0 Kudos
MALIK_ADEEL_IMT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

thank you for your reply.

To login the vCenter, use the same VI Client and use the vCenter hostname/IP address. There you see those managed hosts.

I don't get your this point. Use the same VI Client and use the vCenter host name you means use credientls of that machine where vCenter has been installed.

Yes you are right i have to registered for unlimited access.

From where can i download vCenter can you reply with exact download URL.

Thanks

Adeel Imtiaz

PSE Netsol

Malik Adeel Imtiaz Principle System Engineer NetSol Financial Suite NetSol Technologies Lahore Cantt Pakistan 54792
0 Kudos
ShanVMLand
Expert
Expert

Yes you are right. In the VI client user credentials, just enter Windows system (Where VCC installed) user credential. The best way i can say for you use

Administrator as username and its password.

Thanks,

Shan

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
0 Kudos