VMware Cloud Community
ghnobile
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESX3.01 32039 ISCSI Second Target always takes Size of First target

Hi all ESX Gurus, I am running a ESX3.01 server connected to a openfiler iscsi san running really well for the last 4 months. I am attempting to configure another Target / LUN and when I do a rescan of the Storage adapters it finds the target without a problem when I attempt to add storage the drive does not show up.

Also in the target under the lun it is the same size as the First Target / Lun. Even after removing the first target and connection of a new drive with a different size the next drive shows up with the size of the first and cannot be added to the storage. I have attempted this with up to 7 targets from 2 different ISCSI Servers with the same results.

Also as a note 4 months ago I had 2 separate targets connected and working. Also using exactly the same size drive does not help.

Any ideas??

Thanks

ghnobile

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
oreeh
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

AFAIR you have to manually edit iet.conf (don't know if this is possible with openfiler).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
oreeh
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Do you present the LUNs using different LUN numbers?

0 Kudos
ghnobile
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The lun ID is slways 0 however the Path is diffrent. I f that is what you mean.

0 Kudos
oreeh
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

With iSCSI Enterprise Target (which is used by OpenFiler) the LUN IDs have to be different (this is a known "bug" with older IET versions).

0 Kudos
ghnobile
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ok, Where is this set in openfiler? or esx? and how?

0 Kudos
oreeh
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

AFAIR you have to manually edit iet.conf (don't know if this is possible with openfiler).

0 Kudos
ghnobile
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes it is possible to edit the file in openfiler and it works, I can at least see the drive with the correct size and am able to see the drive to add it to the storage. i did not do so yet since it is listed as SCSI target 7. Is there any way to clear the iscsi target list without a reboot? Thanks

0 Kudos
oreeh
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

According to an older post you have to completely "remove" (unconfigure) the SW iSCSI from ESX and readd it.

I guess a reboot is faster (though I don't know if a reboot helps) Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
ghnobile
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Super, it works like a charm. Completely Removing and refreshing the iscsi drives did not help It kept the Target 7 label but I guess I can live with that for now. Thanks for your Help

0 Kudos