VMware Cloud Community
MikePreece
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can't create resource pool on ESX3.5.0 server

Hi

I have a ESX 3.5.0 server which is the only server in a cluster, it was setup this was as we're planning to add more servers at a later date. Anyway I can't create any resource pools under the cluster or under the server itself. I noticed in a different post that you need to enable HA to create resource pools in a cluster so I did this but still can't create em. Do I need to remove this host from the cluster and set up as single server to get resource pools. If so how can I do this without affecting running VM's? If not what do i need to do to create resource pools. It's not permissions related as I have administrator access over everything, and I've got another cluster (with 3 hosts) with resource pools working OK.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

HA does not affect resource pool creation. If you created a cluster, you need to enable DRS, and then you will be able to create a global resource pool in which you can create child pools.

-KjB-

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

HA does not affect resource pool creation. If you created a cluster, you need to enable DRS, and then you will be able to create a global resource pool in which you can create child pools.

-KjB-

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB
0 Kudos
MikePreece
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thanks, thats sorted it

0 Kudos