VMware Cloud Community
Pasta_Fazole
Contributor
Contributor

Can I mount two ESX3.5 servers on the same LUN hosted on my Clariion?

I want my two ESX servers to be able to run virtual machines located on a lun. Can I do this?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
AWo
Immortal
Immortal

deleted

Message was edited by: AWo

vExpert 2009/10/11 [:o]===[o:] [: ]o=o[ :] = Save forests! rent firewood! =
Pasta_Fazole
Contributor
Contributor

AWoYour answer came to me via email, but didn't show up in the thread. Thanks, this answers my question. I appreciate your kind help.You said:"Yes. I fact when you want to use VMotion you have to do it as both ESX servers needs to the the VMFS volume and the virtual maschines located on this LUN."

0 Kudos
Pasta_Fazole
Contributor
Contributor

The answer was: "Yes. I fact when you want to use VMotion you have to do it as both ESX servers needs to the the VMFS volume and the virtual maschines located on this LUN."

Message was edited by: Pasta Fazole

0 Kudos
Rumple
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

In navmanager you create a storage group.

Assign the Lun's to the storage group and then assign the host's to the storage group.

I would recommend manually setting the LUN ID as you don't want to assign LUN ID 0....

0 Kudos
Pasta_Fazole
Contributor
Contributor

What is "navmanager" it doesn't come up under the Virtual Infrastructure Client help tool. According to Google it is a maritime navigation tool.

http://www.navsim.com/products/help/navmanager.html#aboutnavmanager

Are you referring to Virtual Infrastructure Client Resource Pools?

Rob

0 Kudos
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion

I think he mean the Service Manager which is part of Navisphere's management suite. After configuration of the zonning and pathing (FC) the LUN comes visible (rescan needed) to both servers. By the use of VMware VMFS both servers can read and write to the same LUN.

Is your clarion a FC or iSCSI modell?

regards

Joerg

0 Kudos
Rumple
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Altix is correct. I meant the management page on the Clariion's...forgot about the Clariion's supporting iscsi, I've only hooked up FC to them.

0 Kudos
Pasta_Fazole
Contributor
Contributor

It is an FC.

0 Kudos
AWo
Immortal
Immortal

Sorry, for deleting the message, the answer you received was really the answer I wanted to give. Smiley Happy

vExpert 2009/10/11 [:o]===[o:] [: ]o=o[ :] = Save forests! rent firewood! =
0 Kudos
Pasta_Fazole
Contributor
Contributor

No problem

0 Kudos