VMware Edu & Cert Community
TryllZ
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

New User Registration Issue for VMware Exam ?!

Hi,

I'm trying to register for my VCTA exam but cannot due to the below error. No matter what address I use it throws an error.

Reached out to VMware, been over a month still no update from them.

image.png (605×134) (ibb.co)

Any one knows anything about this ?

Thank You

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TryllZ
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi @lbourque 

This issue is now resolved.

I had reached out to VMware's Account Management Team from my corporate account who provided the address to use.

Appreciate you taking the time and chasing the matter as well.

Thank You Once Again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Is that screenshot from a VMware page, or a Pearson page?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
TryllZ
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

That is from https://customerconnect.vmware.com the full page screen is captured below.

TryllZ_0-1672916002450.png

Thank You

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Other than a response from certification@vmware.com the only other path I can think of is to tag @KarlChilds and @lbourque and see if they can help.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
TryllZ
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Thanks, I will email certification@vmware.com and see, have already emailed emeaeducation@vmware.com and eduoperations@vmware.com over a month ago, yet to hear anything back.

0 Kudos
SharelleP
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I think the issue is that you are trying to access Customer Connect which is not related to certification exams. You may be trying to access VCTA training which would be accessed via the VCCL - VMware Customer Connect Learning. https://learning.customerconnect.vmware.com/. Also, the exam will be taken via Pearson VUE. So you will need a myLearn account which connects your training, exam and certification completions. Try this page to create an account https://mylearn.vmware.com/myHome.cfm?ui=www_edu 

0 Kudos
TryllZ
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi @SharelleP 

Thank you for clarifying.

I'm afraid I'm not accessing any link manually, all pages are redirected automatically.

Currently its as follows:

Pearson Vue redirects to vmware.com/learning where I click Register For An Exam which redirects to mylearn.vmware.com where I click Sign Up for New User which redirects to customerconnect.vmware.com

TryllZ_0-1672992050804.png

TryllZ_2-1672992087159.png

TryllZ_3-1672992114865.png

TryllZ_4-1672992140292.png

Thank You

0 Kudos
TryllZ
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

And that a new account is not the only account I'm facing issue with. I have an existing account (the one I'm using to reply here), when I use this account to sign in I cannot edit the address or my name (need to edit name so it can match my ID), in the edit page, earlier I used to receive the address combination error, now I receive the mobile number error (tried, with + as international code, double 00, same problem, won't work).

0 Kudos
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

@TryllZCan you email me directly the ticket number generated from your communications to certifications@vmware.com? (lbourque [at] vmware.com) I can use that to poke Certification to see if we can't get this resolved.

TryllZ
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi @lbourque 

I have emailed from touqeeranjum at outlook dot com.

I have added 2 tickets, 1 from certifications@vmware.com and 1 from eduoperations@vmware.com.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

@TryllZHrmm... I haven't received anything. Do you have another email you could use to send?

0 Kudos
TryllZ
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi @lbourque 

Could it have ended up in Spam/Junk ?!

In the meantime I have received reply from mylearn_support at vmware dot com regarding this issue.

Should I still send from another emal ?.

Thank You

0 Kudos
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hi @TryllZ ,

I got your other email (yahoo). What was the reply you got from Certifications@vmware.com? Did they resolve it or no?

0 Kudos
TryllZ
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi @lbourque 

I received email from mylearn_support at vmware.com CC certifications at vmware.com asking for my address which I provided on 7th of Jan.

I reached out to them today seeking any update, no reply thus far.

The issue is not resolved yet.

0 Kudos
TryllZ
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi @lbourque 

Received an email from them saying once my address is validated they will update me.

Thank You

0 Kudos
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

@TryllZIs this now resolved?

0 Kudos
TryllZ
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi @lbourque 

I have not heard any update from them yet.

No, not resolved yet.

Thank You

0 Kudos
TryllZ
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi @lbourque 

This issue is now resolved.

I had reached out to VMware's Account Management Team from my corporate account who provided the address to use.

Appreciate you taking the time and chasing the matter as well.

Thank You Once Again.

0 Kudos