VMware Edu & Cert Community
JGBennett
Contributor
Contributor

VCP6-DT=VCP6-DTM??

I see where VMware currently offers a VCP6-DT certification which is supposed to be "new".  From the VMware certification roadmap 2015 the professional desktop certification is classified as VCP6-DTM. 

With that being said does the current certification, VCP6-DT, differ from the roadmap cert VCP6-DTM, or are these one in the same?

Trying not to waste time if its going to be rebranded in a couple of weeks.

4 Replies
JoshuaAndrewsVM

VCP6-DTM will be shorter but will require the separate VCP-Foundation exam to be passed first which *should* result (with two exams required) in a higher overall cost, as well as a longer total exam time.

However, prices and blueprints have not been published yet so that is just speculation.

I would assume (but have no official word yet) that those who achieve VCP6-DT will be renamed to VCP6-DTM.

0 Kudos
twrangham
Contributor
Contributor

I would also be interested to know what the differences will be. It's obvious that VMware EUC suite is a moving target and more items keep getting added. Personally it doesn't seem like the items covered in the DT exam are very relevant for customers moving towards 6.x since it doesnt cover App Volumes, the GUI for CPA, much on GPU enhancements or the really fresh UEM product. In reality the amount of content is getting a bit bloated with the addition of Mirage and Workspace IMO.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Have a look at this page for all the answers: VCP6-DTM Certification

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
twrangham
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks scott28tt for the link. It looks from a quick overview its still covering the 6.0 items. (2.6 Configure Cloud Pod references 6.0 using command line). But Mirage and Workspace are still included, vRealize Operations Manager for Horizon is new and I don't see mention of VSAN anymore.

0 Kudos