VMware Edu & Cert Community
dobbsmt
Contributor
Contributor

VCP-IaaS vs VCP-Cloud

I like what VMware is doing with the Cloud, Datacenter, End-User Computing, and Cloud Applications as it relates to certification. As somone who has been considering taking the VCP5-IaaS exam next, I'm kind of confused at what VMware is doing with IaaS and Cloud as two separate "professional" certifications. Are these going to be merged into a single cert, or are they going to be left separate for one reason or another? Will they be the same exam?

I know the announcement was pretty recent, so I'm hoping that someone from VMware may have some insight into this.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I've had a couple of internal conversations and read through the Certification pages for this, but please don't take what I'm saying as an official VMware response.

There are two paths to achieve the VCP-Cloud certification as per this page: http://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/plan.cfm?plan=32558&ui=www_cert

1. If you are a VCP5 holder (now named VCP5-DV), you take the VCP-IaaS exam.

2. If you are not a VCP5 holder, you take the VCP-Cloud exam when it becomes available, the content will be a combination of the VCP5-DV and VCP-IaaS exams.

The way it's been explained to me, VCP-Cloud will be the only certification title going forward, VCP-IaaS will be the exam that VCP5 holders can take to achieve VCP-Cloud (path 1 above).

Does that make sense?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
dobbsmt
Contributor
Contributor

That makes perfect sense. Thanks for the insight, Scott!

0 Kudos
Sil_Aditya
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Scott,

I want to avail the VCP - cloud certication in India Bangalore. The contact info I got from the chat support is gkrishnamurthy@vmware.com . I wrote him few emails but no response. Would you be able to guide more on this. Like

a) What are the pre-required knowledge necesary ?

b) I want to gorw in VM-Cloud domain so what shall I take the first step as?

c) How can I start the course and certification as I am working in an IT firm.?

d) Costs involved ?

Thanks and regards in advance

Siladitya

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This will help: http://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/plan.cfm?plan=32558&ui=www_cert

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Karthiknr
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Siladitya,

My name is karthikeyan. I'm from B'lore, even im gathering information on the same topic, if possible we can meet up and talk on this.

Regards

karthikeyan.R

0 Kudos