VMware Edu & Cert Community
JoeDalton2
Contributor
Contributor

Requirements for VCP24 Datacenter Virtualization

Hello Everybody, 

I have obtained the VCP DCV23 in September 23 with the Exam:

Exam:

2V0-21.23 - VMware vSphere 8.x Professional - English (ENU)

Im am currently trying to figure out how i can obtain VCP24. Do I have to take the same exam again? Is it enough if I complete one of the courses listed under "Option 2" following this link: https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification/vcp-dcv.html 

What is the general procedure here?

Thank you for your replies! 

Kind Regards
Joe Dalton

0 Kudos
7 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You cannot follow Option 1 since you've already passed that exam, so you would have to follow Option 2 (attend training) in order to update to VCP-DCV 2024.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
JoeDalton2
Contributor
Contributor

Hello scott28tt

Ok so lets spin this a bit further, if there is a VCP-DCV 25 I would possibly need to redo the exam then if there is a newer exam than the one i already passed? Is this how it works in general? Or can I in theory do another course provided in the list each year to obtain the newer version of the VCP-DCV? 

Kind regards
Joe

0 Kudos
SharelleP
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There are usually 2 options to recertify - either a new exam or an approved training. Depending on the product/solution lifecycle the exam may or may not have been updated. Earlier this year we did have an option of two exams but then one retired. The only logic rule to keep in mind is that you can't do the exact same thing to recertify. But if an exam or training was refreshed and is given a new exam/course ID, you can take that if its listed on the website.

JoeDalton2
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the reply! This is good to know

0 Kudos
ArielESchivo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there! Just to clarify, I have the VCP-DVC2023 certification, and I passed 2V0-21.23 exam. So, to gain the VCP-DVC2024 I just need to take one of the courses listed? Why there are 2 options when one of them is required? I think it's non-sense. Thanks!

0 Kudos
SharelleP
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

People could have earned the VCP DCV 2023 from the older exam that retired Jan 31, 2024. For those people, they have a choice to recertify by either taking the new exam or by taking one of the trainings. They have the option to do either. To recertify via Option 1, you are required to take the exam. To recertify via Option 2, you have a choice of trainings - no particular one of them is required. 

0 Kudos
ArielESchivo
Contributor
Contributor

Confirmed it! It seems it was a mistake the "required" on the Option 1:

"Please be informed that you can upgrade you VCP-DCV 2023 Certificate to VCP-DCV 2024 Certificate by either completing the required training course or take the required exam. the 'Required' word was mistakenly added in front of the option one.

You can take any one of the below mentioned training course to upgrade your VCP-DCV 2023 Certificate to VCP-DCV 2024 Certificate:

VMware vSphere: Advanced Administration [V8] VMware vSphere: Troubleshooting [V8] - On Demand VMware vSphere: Security [V8] - On Demand VMware vSphere: Operate, Scale and Secure [V8] - On Demand VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V8] VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V8] - On Demand VMware vSphere: Troubleshooting [V8] VMware vSphere: Fast Track [V8] VMware vSphere: What's New [V8] VMware vSphere: What's New [V8] - Digital VMware vSphere: Operate, Scale and Secure [V8] VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale [V7] VMware vSphere: Troubleshooting [V7] VMware vSphere: Fast Track [V7] VMware vSphere: What's New [V6.7 to V7] VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale plus Troubleshooting Fast Track [V7] VMware vSphere: What's New [V6.7 to V7] - On Demand VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale [V7] – On Demand VMware vSphere: Advanced Administration Workshop [V7]"

Hope this helps!! 🙂

0 Kudos