VMware Edu & Cert Community
markey165
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Migrating Certifications to another Account

I would like to move everything related to my Certifications from my work address to my personal address.

Currently everything (VMware Learning, Certmetrics, Pearson VUE and Credly) is linked to my work account.

I think i can move VMware Learning with help from certification@vmware.com, but what about Pearson, Certmetrics and Credly? 

Has anyone done this successfully? I really don't want to lose anything!

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

certification@vmware.com should be able to advise you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

SharelleP
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Markey, this is very common.

The candidate can contact certification@vmware.com. They should provide both email addresses and tell the team that the new email address should be added to the existing account. No further action should be required.

If a candidate inadvertently created a new account for “New Job”, they contact the same email address and just tell them both emails (old account and new account) and state which one is the ‘survivor’ and which one will go into their history.  

View solution in original post

9 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

certification@vmware.com should be able to advise you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
markey165
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Thanks Scott, I have emailed the Team, and now have a case number. Let's see what they come back with.

I suspect they will all have to be done individually. Its a pain as I wouldn't normally have used my work address for VMware Learning, but we were registered on our behalf as part of a Training Course a few years back.

Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

To transfer your certificates to another account do the following:

1. Login with account A.
  2. Access the Settings area.
  3. Click Move certifications.
  4. On the form, enter the email address and password of account B. This lets us know you own the account.
  5. Confirm by clicking Migrate.

-Mymorri

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@Smith65 

Which system are you referring to?

0 Kudos
SharelleP
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@Smith65 This is not valid advice. Only our internal operations team can complete a merge. Contact certification@vmware.com

SharelleP
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Markey, this is very common.

The candidate can contact certification@vmware.com. They should provide both email addresses and tell the team that the new email address should be added to the existing account. No further action should be required.

If a candidate inadvertently created a new account for “New Job”, they contact the same email address and just tell them both emails (old account and new account) and state which one is the ‘survivor’ and which one will go into their history.  

markey165
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Pleased to report the Certification Team responded quickly, and all done.

My account  has been migrated, and having tested, I can access MyLearn, Certmetrics, Pearson and Credly all on the new account, and everything is there, Fab! That was MUCH easier than I thought it was going to be 😄

Many Thanks @scott28tt and @SharelleP  😊

Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

please contact on certification@vmware.com

0 Kudos
markey165
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

@educert200 wrote:

please contact on certification@vmware.com

@educert200 thanks for your reply, not sure if you saw my reply above, but its already done!