VMware Edu & Cert Community
abd12
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How long after completing exam to receive VCA ,VCP certification

I have completed the Certification exam VCA 18-Oct-2019 but have not received my certificate and completed am 2020-Jan-02 VCP exam and have not received my certificate also.

in History shows that I passed both exams

I completed the "VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage&  optimize and scale by Stanly

The certificate is needed for my to show it to my company as prove of passing the exam.

My understanding is i should receive an email acknowledging everything, however I have not.  

does anyone have any idea

Thanks

28 Replies
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion

Congrats!

I pass my VCP re-certification exam on 11/22/2019  and got an e-mail 36h later.

In the early days you could download your cert from the myTranscript in your mylearn portal.  Today you should click on CertManager in the middle right to visit https://www.certmetrics.com/vmware where you can download your cert as PDF.

Long time ago.... you got an letter with your printed cert from VMware/Palo Alto together with a free license of VMware WS after 4 month!

Question: You have attended a official ICM course right? One of the first steps within such a training is that every student have to log into its MyLearn account and adding the ClassID which the trainer have created a few minutes before.  Its importent to book the pearson  exams with the same identity from your MyLearn account.  Otherwise they dont match and you need all of the requirements.

Regards,
Joerg

scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Moved to VCP

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As you did the courses with a VMware IT Academy (VITA) such as Stanly, you have to take the PSE version of the VCP exam using the voucher that Stanly issued you when you completed their course.

This is essential so that VMware know you took a VITA course.

If you booked the regular VCP exam (not the PSE version) VMware have no proof that you completed the VITA training.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The process you mention regarding myLearn only applies to training taken either directly with VMware or via a VATC partner, not a VITA such as Stanly - I explain the VITA process in the reply above this one.

abd12
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

these are the two exams

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
abd12
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

on CertManager there is no PDF or certificate

You have attended an official ICM course right?

Yes

Question: You have attended an official ICM course right? One of the first steps within such a training is that every student have to log into its MyLearn account and adding the ClassID which the trainer have created a few minutes before.

not what I knew, I don't have ClassID

and was not mentioned

I used Stanly's Vaucher and get the discount

I have an account with MyLearn before I signed up for Stanly

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Looks like you've done what you needed to with the PSE exams.

Do you see anything when you click the Certifications tab in Certification Manager? I can download logos and PDFs for all of mine:

Screenshot 2020-01-06 at 08.39.23.png

If you don't see those options, you will notice the "Call, Email or Chat Online" option on that page - that would be the best course of action.

scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You don't need a Class ID as Stanly are a VITA rather than a VATC, as I've explained.

abd12
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I only have this

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
abd12
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I hope that I have booked correctly for the exam.

should stanly's email be identical to the MyLearn account in order to register?   or has nothing to do

I opened a case with the support

I hope it works

do you always get the certificate too late? how many days exactly?

is this usually be vMware?

or is there something wrong?Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Wait for the certification team to respond.

0 Kudos
layer1982
Contributor
Contributor

Generally you should receive certification within 48-72 hours after completing all requirements.  I completed the VCP on January 03 2020 and completed Foundations and Training Class in December 2019 but haven't received VCP certification as of yet.  I opened a case with VMware Support and they replied back with below.  Hope this helps everyone else who is in the same boat.

"Please be informed that we are facing a technical glitch in generating the certifications. We will keep you posted as soon as we have an update."

abd12
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I hope so. I opened a case with VMware Support also

Your case has been routed to VMware IT Academy.

We are checking on this and we would be able to provide you an update within 4-5 business days.

0 Kudos
abd12
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@layer1982

which email did you open a case at Support ؟

is this " certification@vmware.com " ؟؟

0 Kudos
layer1982
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, that is the correct email address that I opened a case.

abd12
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@layer1982 there is something new about certificate

maybe you know how long

did you contact with VMware again

0 Kudos
c4abubakar
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have this same issue and have raised a case on Certification@vmware.com.

I was convinced that the issue shall be resolved within 48Hrs but it is over a week now and still the certificate is not generated.

pastedImage_0.pngpastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
abd12
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

what about this (Moderator: profanity removed) :smileyangry:what do we do now, that's no fun. I lost the job because of the delay

0 Kudos
layer1982
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah and they keep giving the same answer.  I asked to have it escalated and they said its already escalated.  I do now see they have an update in the Certification Manager portal.

We are currently experiencing a delay in releasing some of the 2020 Certifications. If you have met all of the requirements and do not see your 2020 Certification listed, you will receive an email communication once it is available in your Certification profile. Thank you for your patience as we fix this issue.

0 Kudos