VMware Edu & Cert Community
admin
Immortal
Immortal

VCDX Defense at VMware Partner Exchange 2013

The VMware Certification team is pleased to announce the next VMware Certified Design Expert (VCDX) defense opportunity at VMware Partner Exchange (PEX) February 23-28, 2013 in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Pre-egistration for this certification event is now open in myLearn.

http://mylearn.vmware.com/feedback.cfm?survey=37714

We will be offering one or more VCDX Boot Camp Session prior to the defense - details will be available before the end of the year.

Questions concerning the PEX 2013 Boot Camp and Defense will be answered in this section of the VCDX forum.

0 Kudos
24 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Sounds good Mark - 

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
btobia
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks Mark, that's great news! I'm planning to defend at that date.

Was great meeting you at the bootcamp last week as well, thanks for your time and the information there!

0 Kudos
AWaldenD3
Contributor
Contributor

Since Tokyo is off, are there going to be any more defences between Barcelona and this proposed Las Vegas PEX session?

0 Kudos
RafaNovo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This will be VCDX 4 and 5?

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Tokyo is on - http://communities.vmware.com/thread/414336?tstart=0

It will definitely be VCDX4 and from what I have possibly VCDX5 if the requiremnts for the defense panel are defined -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
AWaldenD3
Contributor
Contributor

Really? What's the deadline then ... it says "in lieu of a defense, we'll have a bootcamp" (not verbatim). I'd be happy if there was a defense though.

0 Kudos
firestartah
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi Mark

Will this be only VCDX 5 designs and will this be the first opportunity to do the VCDX follwoing the vCloud and EUC certification paths?

Gregg

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Gregg http://thesaffageek.co.uk
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

The proposed Tokyo defenses have been moved to coincide with PEX Tokyo in April 2013. We will be offering informational sessions and Boot Camps at the vForum in November of this year. The decision was demand-driven and is in alignment with the preferences of VMware Partners in Japan.

There are no additional defenses planned between VMworld Barcelona and PEX Las Vegas. But to be clear - PEX VCDX Defenses are definitely a go - the VMware Certification Team will be there and we will offer VCDX defenses (and a whole lot more) in Las Vegas!

Finally, it has not been decided if we will offer VCDX4 Certification at PEX, however, you may have noticed that the pre-registration process includes questions about pre-requisite certifications and your preference as a VCDX candidate. If you would like to defend for VCDX4 at PEX you have an opportunity to make your preference known!

Your input will be considered very carefully before any final decisions are made.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

With regards to the Cloud and EUC certification tracks for VCDX at PEX - it is too early to say today. There are 2 reasons for this.

First, we need to release the prerequisite exams and supporting courses where required.

Second, we will need candidates to begin pursuing VCDX via those paths, achieve the prerequisite certifications, and prepare VCDX applications in time for a PEX defense.

All I can say today is stay tuned!

0 Kudos
IgnitionUSMC
Contributor
Contributor

After sitting in the mock defense at VMworld San Fran this past year, I am definately preparing to defend a VCDX5 design at the PEX in Feb. Is there a document submission date cut off yet?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

The application due date for the VMware Partner Exchange 2013 VCDX Defenses in Las Vegas, NV is Friday, January 4th 2013.

Candidates at PEX Las Vegas will be offered the opportunity to submit and defend vSphere4  and vSphere5-based designs in pursuit of the VCDX4 credential. We will also offer the opportunity to submit and defend vSphere5-based designs in pursuit of the VCDX5 credential.

Please note - this will be the final opportunity to defend for the VCDX4 credential in North America.

The susequent PEX 2013 events in Tokyo and Sydney will provide the final opportunities to defend for VCDX4.

0 Kudos
MattVee
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

When will the emails go out for being accepted to submit?

This date is the design submission date? Or application date? When will the design due date be?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

The VCDX application package includes your design and all supporting documentation. For the PEX Las Vegas 2013 VCDX Defense, applications will be due on or before January 4th 2013.

After submission, your application will be reviewed by one or more VCDX-holders and based on that review you will either be invited to defend your design at PEX or provided with feedback and asked to re-apply for a later defense. In this case you will receive your invitation to defend or your feedback and re-application request no later than Wednesday, January 23rd, 2013, sooner if possible.

This schedule allows you at least 1 month lead time for arranging travel to Las Vegas for the VCDX Defense Session.

0 Kudos
lk8899
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any End date for VCDX 4, When is it going to be phased out. After completing VCAP 4 DCA and DCD, I would like to submit my application for VCDX next year. Is 2013 going to be the last year for VCDX 4.

0 Kudos
lk8899
Contributor
Contributor

Any PEX dates for Europe for final submission of VCDX 4.

0 Kudos
lk8899
Contributor
Contributor

Any PEX Europe Dates for Final submission of VCDX.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I will provide an update this week. I am waiting on the PEX On Tour venues and dates.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Registration for the VCDX defenses to be held at VMware Partner Exchange in Las Vegas, NV (USA), February 23-28, 2013 is now open.

Below is the registration URL. You will find it’s a very similar form to the one you completed before.

http://mylearn.vmware.com/feedback.cfm?survey=40149

Note: this registration form does not generate an automated acknowledgement.

Please post any questions you have about the PEX Las Vegas Defense here so other candidates may benefit from the answers.

We will be accepting applications for VCDX4 and VCDX 5.

The deadline for applications for this defense is January 4th, 2013.

0 Kudos
maishsk
Expert
Expert

Mark - is there any idea of when and where the defense after PEX in Las Vegas will be?

I see that a there was a mention of April in Tokyo. Is that still going to happen?

Maish Saidel-Keesing • @maishsk • http://technodrone.blogspot.com • VMTN Moderator • vExpert • Co-author of VMware vSphere Design
0 Kudos