VMware Horizon Community
Jopoi
Contributor
Contributor

Complete newbie needs help with first project

I am trying to make a portable version of Legacy Family Tree software standard edition, and failing miserably.
I've used Thinapp v 5.2.9 and gone through the procedure, achieved a build of it, but when trying to use the portable version I get an error saying 'Codejock.Commandbars.v15.0.2.ocx or one of its dependencies is missing'.
Having looked through the portable version I find all of those files are available in a folder "%systemsystem%".
So in my ignorance I am trying to find a way of amending the Package.ini to make use of those files.
Is this the right path to follow, if so how?, if not has anybody any suggestions as to how to correct the problem?

Using Win7 32bit

0 Kudos
5 Replies
tunemickyJP
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi.

I guess that Codejock.Commandbars.v15.0.2.ocx may not have been registered correctly.

Please follow the steps below to find the cause of the problem.
First, we will check the operation in the environment using SetupCapture.
Do you get the same error when you run the built ThinApped EXE in the capture environment?
If the error occurs, does the target EXE natively installed in the capture environment work without any problems?
If the error occurs with a natively installed target EXE, please try
There is a problem with the installation.

b/r

0 Kudos
Jopoi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Many thanks for responding

Answers to your questions are:

Do you get the same error when you run the built ThinApped EXE in the capture environment?........YES
If the error occurs, does the target EXE natively installed in the capture environment work without any problems?.....YES

Jo

0 Kudos
tunemickyJP
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi.

I see that you are getting errors with ThinApped EXE in the capture environment.
As for the cause, you can expect a problem in one of the following three areas.
VirtualFileSystem
VirtualRegistry
Package.ini

From your preliminary information.
So, the OCX file exists in %SystemSystem%.

You can check it from VirtualRegistry.
The method is to use the ThinApp project folder in the capture environment.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.txt
HKEY_CURRENT_USER.txt
HKEY_USERS.txt
Move the above three files to
(or delete them) to another folder, and then run Build.bat to regenerate ThinAppedEXE.
After that, run ThinApped EXE in the capture environment.
Now, if the error no longer occurs, you can confirm that there is a problem with VirutalRegistry.

b/r

0 Kudos
Micheal_A
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Build a ThinApp with just he CMD entry point. Use notepad to run an executable. then you want t launch that CMD to enter into the virtual bubble.

Find the app.exe and launch, do you get any errors launching, using and/or exiting te application?

VMware EUC by Broadcom
https://techzone.vmware.com/
0 Kudos
Jopoi
Contributor
Contributor

Apologies for the long delay in replying, especially to TunemickyJP and Michael_A.
After trying so many different options I decided to expand and found another program that makes portables .
I tried using that and had immediate success, to the extent that I have spent the last three weeks trying it on every version of windows that I could find.
After a few amendments I have now achieved what I was aiming for, and have got a portable version of the free version of Legacy Family Tree that works on Win 7, 8. and 10 and both in 32 and 64 bit.

Many thanks for the help that you gave me.
Jo

0 Kudos