VMware Modern Apps Community
kurthv71
Contributor
Contributor

vsphere 8 - Supervisor Services

Having successfully set up a vSphere 8 Lab environment, and enabled Tanzu Workload Management, I now wanted to install Contour and Harbor as a supervisor service.

I downloaded the latest YAML files for Contour and Harbor from GitHub, and then uploaded them to the vCenter Server.
When I now try to install the services, I do not see a supervisor cluster under "Select Supervisors" (see screenshot1.PNG).

Also, when I go to the appropriate supervisor cluster, I don't see the Supervisor Services Menu under "Configure" (see screenshot2.PNG) as shown in the documentation (https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/8.0/vsphere-with-tanzu-services-workloads/GUID-4843E6C6-74...).

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DCasota
Expert
Expert

Is the supervisor service working ? see Note :

The Supervisor is not monitoring if the Supervisor Service is actually working. For example, if you have specified incorrect registry user name or password, the service might not be able to fetch any of the images that it needs to run. This way, the service might show as Configured but it's not actually working. To confirm if the Supervisor Service is working or not, check the service namespace and the running pods.

0 Kudos
waxling
Contributor
Contributor

I have this exact same issue. I've tried with all of the available supervisor services.

Did you find what the cause was?

0 Kudos
waxling
Contributor
Contributor

This note applies from after the service being installed on the Supervisor.  It doesn't apply to services that have been registered for installation.

The issue reported by @kurthv71 and I results in us being unable to get to this step, we are able to register the services, however there are no supervisors available to install to when we get to that part of the UI.

Tags (1)