VMware Support Community
Layer3-Chuck
Contributor
Contributor

Skyline "Could not execute Online health checks." after 7.0 U3d update

After updating to 7.0U3d, I have several custromers who are experiencing Skyline Health "Online health checks execution" error showing "Could not execute Online health checks." I tried a "RETEST" and Guest OS reset on the vCenter Server VM and a full Power Reset and came back up to the same result.

skyline can't connect.PNG

Labels (3)
34 Replies
HarmonyIT
Contributor
Contributor

👍Same here. 

0 Kudos
_snace_
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue.

0 Kudos
Layer3-Chuck
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone have any suggestions yet?  

0 Kudos
gvysk
Contributor
Contributor

same issue here

0 Kudos
rayruest
Contributor
Contributor

Same here.  I just updated to 7.0 U3d and have the same result.  I'll be firing up VSAN in 2 weeks... this isn't giving me a warm fuzzy.

0 Kudos
Oderus420
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue since upgrading to 7.0.3.00500.

No VSAN setup at all but that's the error I'm getting in the logs, just like everyone else.

0 Kudos
gvysk
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, I don't think it's a vSan issue although I do have that. The VCSA update is what broke it. It was listed as a critical update so I decided not to roll it back hoping they would have a fix soon.

0 Kudos
Bill_Oyler
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Same issue for me on 7.0U3d.

Bill Oyler Systems Engineer
0 Kudos
GodfatherX64
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

same

0 Kudos
JDMOB
Contributor
Contributor

Ditto.   At least I know to stop beating my head against a (virtual) wall and wait.

0 Kudos
HarmonyIT
Contributor
Contributor

A VMware reassurance of a fix or acknowledge of the issue at least wouldn’t go a miss.
There might be one and I haven’t look hard enough to be honest.

0 Kudos
rothb
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

After filing a support request. I got the follwing answer:

Listed as a known issue for 7.0 U3d, fix is planned come for release 7.0 P5 [scheduled for late Q2, early Q3 2022]

So I guess we have to wait a "little" longer.

swepape
Contributor
Contributor

The Oracle (Sun) JRE package is updated to version 1.8.0_311 in 7.0 U3d and in /var/log/vmware/analytics/analytics.log you are getting this when you running Skyline:

pool-14-thread-1 [operationID=5e25e847-8fd1-4086-b242-2cf2f0b194a6] WARN  cloud.dataapp.internal.collector.DefaultCollectorDataAppAgent Data app collection failed java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported type class java.util.ArrayList

I think this is the problem.

0 Kudos
Oderus420
Contributor
Contributor

Nothing in the official release notes says this is a known issue. Cmon VMware, do better.

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/7.0/rn/vsphere-vcenter-server-70u3d-release-notes.html

wkasak_wra
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue after updating from 7.0u3c > 7.0u3d. VMware support has not provided any resolution and just wants to use our production system as a bug fix sandbox.

Novox
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

When it comes to something as unimportant as the health of our production VMWare environments, we can wait for a fix... 🙄

0 Kudos
Novox
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I checked VMware vCenter Server 7.0 Update 3d Release Notes as well and all I could find regarding Skyline Health is:

• Skyline Health page displays garbage characters

In the vSphere Client, when you navigate to vCenter Server or select an ESXi host in the vSphere Client navigator and click Monitor > Skyline Health, the page displays garbage characters in the following locales: Korean, Japanese, German and French.

Workaround: Switch to English locale.

Can someone post the URL that contains this (Skyline "Could not execute Online health checks") as a known issue?

Thank you

0 Kudos
gvysk
Contributor
Contributor

I think that is part of the issue. VMware has not posted it as a known issue although people who have opened tickets say support is aware of it.

0 Kudos