VMware Support Community
chipperjonesrul
Contributor
Contributor

receiving emails stating skyline collectors are unhealthy

receiving emails from vmware stating the skyline collector is unhealthy.  but when I login to the skyline collector, everything looks green.  both endopoints show working, under collector overview states "your collector is running"

traffic logs show nothing being blocked from the skyline collector to the interent.

8 Replies
srbishb
Contributor
Contributor

Same here.

The real status is healthy, but the dashboard notification says otherwise.

I'm guessing that changes made with our licenses may have triggered a new deployment state and the notification will just go away after a number of hours. A mere guess. I would like to clear the dashboard of this apparently false fact, but I'm not seeing how to do that.

Solved: collector inactive - VMware Technology Network VMTN

0 Kudos
chipperjonesrul
Contributor
Contributor

my collector VM crashed last week, when I checked it, message on VM was "no OS"

so I deleted that one, and setup new one on Friday, so this collector has been running since Friday showing all green, but still getting those emails stating collector is unhealthy.

0 Kudos
dosle
Contributor
Contributor

We also saw this message. Restarted the SkyLine VM and gave it about 30 minutes then it was reporting healthy again. Odd.

0 Kudos
WinkyWes
Contributor
Contributor

Experiencing same issue as I received an email notification today that our Skyline Collector is in an "Unhealthy" status although our Collector and corresponding services are all running & connected. Rebooted our Collector appliance, but this did not resolve our issue. Submitted support request w/ VMware Support & awaiting their response.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
srbishb
Contributor
Contributor

This is where I am exactly. The solution you receive back will be the one I'm looking for.

0 Kudos
WinkyWes
Contributor
Contributor

I'll share any updates I receive from VMware Support w/ the community via this post. Thanks!

0 Kudos
WinkyWes
Contributor
Contributor

So, I removed the endpoint connections and added them back and was added w/ a message to accept the new collector certificate. Once completed, my collector status changed back to "healthy" status. I would suggest giving this a try on your end to see if this helps. The "Unhealthy" message will remain in the notifications area for another 90 days by default, but the collector status should now reflect correctly for you.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
dosle
Contributor
Contributor

I forgot to add a step that may have fixed it.

Go into Configuration > System > Web Server Certificate and reset it, then restart SkyLine. Ours is/was self-signed.