VMware Cloud Community
asmolenko
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Test plans stops with "Array with key 'BB0050569F23260000-null' not found" error

Dear Gurus, I hope someone can help me with my issue.

My SRM 4.0 lab:

• two vCenter v.4 servers + SRM 4.0 + EMC_Celerra_Replicator_SRA

• two VSA Celerra with working replication

• two ESXi 4 servers connected to the vCenter servers

When I'm trying to execute a Test recovery plan, I've got the error "Array with key 'BB0050569F23260000-null' not found".

I assume that is someting with recovery VSA, but can't move further, since I am beginner in storaging.

I have attached screenshot from "Configure Storage Arrays" diag box, maybe it will help.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Itzikr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

without the SRA fix, you will have to rename your celerra VSA's at both sites to not contain "-" in their names

Itzik Reich

Solutions Architect

VCP,VTSP,MCTS,MCITP,MCSE,CCA,CCNA

EMC²

where Information Lives

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Itzik Reich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
40 Replies
Itzikr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

this is a bug due to the "-" in the celerra VSA names, a patch is ready and waiting VMware certification for the new celerra SRA

Itzik Reich

Solutions Architect

EMC²

where Information Lives

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Itzik Reich
0 Kudos
asmolenko
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Itzik, thank you for your reply!

Is it possible to avoid it at the moment? (in my setup)

Andrey

0 Kudos
Itzikr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

without the SRA fix, you will have to rename your celerra VSA's at both sites to not contain "-" in their names

Itzik Reich

Solutions Architect

EMC²

where Information Lives

Itzik Reich
0 Kudos
asmolenko
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Many thanks, Itzik! I will try.

Have a nice day!

Andrey

0 Kudos
cemdur
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

I have the same problem . Our simulater does not contain "-" . Do we need to change peer array name ?

Thank you .

0 Kudos
alexpopov
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have the same problem. How do you change the Celerra VSA name? I can't find it in the web gui. I'm getting the same exact error message in SRM when Irun test

0 Kudos
Itzikr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

you need to log in as root to the VSA..

Solutions Architect

EMC²

where Information Lives

Itzik Reich
0 Kudos
alexpopov
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I logged in as root. You mean GUI or CLI? Where in GUI can I change it?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

There is a good chance that this updated SRA may be available on the SRM download page in the second week of December. This is not an official post, nor a guarantied availability date, but there is a very good chance you can get it then.

Michael

0 Kudos
alexpopov
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Michael,

that's great to know! Do you think I should see it on this link:

http://downloads.vmware.com/d/details/srm400/ZCVwYmQlZCpiQHBA

If you can, could you please update this thread when that SRA is released? I'm not sure if the above link is the right place to look for it.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi there,

You do have the right link for where the updated SRA will be found. And I will try to update this message thread too.

Michael

0 Kudos
jsmithL1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Any updated estimate on the release of the updated SRA?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hello again, I have no updated news on the schedule for you. Sorry about that but I have no news. I am still expecting it by next week. I will update you when I see it or have better news. However, I can tell you one of the test type people have alerted me that the new SRA really does solve this issue. So that is good news I think as previously I was only told it would solve it - now we have proof.

Michael

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hello all,

I am sorry to say that due to circumstances outside of my control, this new SRA will not be available until early January. There are a number of reasons for this that I cannot go into - and cannot change, but I will be sure to share any updates on this issue if I get any.

Michael

0 Kudos
Michelle_Laveri
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I think I have the same issue. Is there a step by step on how to do this rename?

I don't recall ever typing this sort of text in when my Celerra's were built. So I imagine its some kind of internal name that is used.

I'd rather do manual fix rather than wait for an SRA to be QA'd onto VMware's website...

Regards

Mike Laverick

RTFM Education

http://www.rtfm-ed.co.uk

Author of the SRM Book:http://stores.lulu.com/rtfm

Free PDF or at-cost Hard Copy

Regards
Michelle Laverick
@m_laverick
http://www.michellelaverick.com
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

HI Mike,

I had heard there was, but never saw the steps. And when I heard of two people with physical celerra's with this problem, and of course who likely didn't have a name issue, I stopped looking. Hopefully someone will see this and publish the info or the steps to change. Sorry about the wait for the SRA. I too am waiting for it and have an empty spot in my lap because of it.

Michael

0 Kudos
CHogan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I have no idea whether this is relevant or not, but what appears to be the issue is that the local array is unable to correctly determine details about the remote array's datamover.

The format that is returned for the peer array seems to be array-id.data_mover_name.

I haven't seen this issue in the past, but occasionally I do have issues with the passphrase being lost after my interconnect has been setup, i.e. after a reboot. This can be seen in the Celerra by running the following command.

nasadmin@celerra_iscsi_a ~$ nas_cel -interconnect -list

id name source_server destination_system destination_server

20001 loopback server_2 celerra_iscsi_a server_2

20003 srm_inter server_2 celerra_iscsi_b unknown

Warning 17716815878: HTTP communication not permitted: Time skew between local and remote system celerra_iscsi_b may exceed 10 minutes OR nas_cel passphrase mismatch exists.

Notice the destination server for celerra_iscsi_b. It is set to unknown. It should be reporting server_2 which is the name of my remote data mover, but because my passphrase is not working, it is returning unknown.

So if you do have this issue, can you try running the above command and see if it errors the same way?

If it does, then on each celerra, run a nas_cel -modify to update the passphrase. When successful, the destination_server field should show the correct name of the datamover.

I have no idea if this is relevant to the issue at hand, but it is the only thing I can think of which might be causing the array manager configuration problem.

HTH

Cormac

http://cormachogan.com
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Thanks Cormac. This is great info to help. I do not know if connected but it sounds connected to me. But I have had people use the new and unreleased Celerra SRA and solve the problem too. One of them is a very senior storage resource so I would assume he knew about the stuff below. But you never know.

Once my Celerra stuff stopped working and I couldn't find help, I had to remove them and replace them with something that worked. I will be bring them back once that SRA is out. If I see the issue again, or if I cause it to happen, I will be happy to have your info!

Thanks again Cormac!

Michael

0 Kudos
Bill_Oyler
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Michael (and others),

I am experiencing the same error "Array with key 'APMXXXXXXXX-null' not found" on a physical Celerra replicating with another physical Celerra. No hyphens in either of the Control Station names.

I experienced the same problem in our lab with a pair of Celerra VSAs, but I figured it was an issue with the VSA. But now that I am experiencing the issue with a pair of physical Celerras, I am wondering if the SRA is the problem. Michael's comments earlier further make me wonder if the SRA has a glitch. I am opening a ticket with EMC as we speak.

I downloaded the latest SRA from the VMware web site (as of today, January 4th).

I also tried the "nas_cel -interconnect -list" command on both Control Stations, and they can communicate and see each other (both data movers) just fine. Also, the time on both control stations and all data movers is within 1 minute.

Looking forward to resolution to this problem. I'll post back when I hear back from EMC.

Bill

Bill Oyler

Systems Engineer

St. Croix Solutions

www.stcroixsolutions.com

Bill Oyler Systems Engineer
0 Kudos