VMware Cloud Community
mikeovery1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Is there a way to update the perform collection timeout to higher than 5 minutes for testing

I need to pull in CMDB info, that will take approx 6 mins with the number of rest call pages and the average page response time

Or an alternative to temporarily only follow x pages when performing the data collection

Labels (1)
  • i

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marbogast
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @mikeovery1

Unfortunately there's no way to increase the collection timeout for the Perform Collection button. This feature will be available in a future release. Please reach out to mp-builder-dev@vmware.com to discuss alternatives, as I understand this is likely blocking progress. We may be able to find a workaround.

Best regards,

Mark

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marbogast
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @mikeovery1

Unfortunately there's no way to increase the collection timeout for the Perform Collection button. This feature will be available in a future release. Please reach out to mp-builder-dev@vmware.com to discuss alternatives, as I understand this is likely blocking progress. We may be able to find a workaround.

Best regards,

Mark

mikeovery1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

For now I have added a advanced configuration value which i use in the post body to limit the number of rows returned in each query

This has enabled the Perform Collection to complete but not all data objects and relationships are fully validated

This way when the PAK is deployed I can raise that row limit, which is working fine on vROPS