CY11490
Contributor
Contributor

ubuntu20.04 desktop requires two logins to the account

When I open ubuntu VDI,it stays here,and prompts "sorry that didn't work,try again" ,I need to enter my account and password again and then successfully log in.

Does anyone know how this problem can be solved?Thank you 

Horizon 2206 server/agent for linux/client

AD authentication method:SSSD

CY11490_0-1673682966637.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Your duplicate post on this topic has been reported to volunteer moderators.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
chenyu_vmware
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Could you please have a try to use Linux agent 2209 build, to see whether sso can auto login. As we re-design the sso logic at build 2209. Thanks. If sso still can't auto login with Linux agent 2209 build, please open one PR and attach the dct logs for Engineer to analysis, thanks.
0 Kudos
yanchaozhang
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi CY11490,

some 'best practices' here just F.Y.I.

a), please make sure your have time synced with the domain controller,.e.g both the AD and your VM synced with the same NTP server
b), please make sure the /etc/hosts file are updated as required;

c), please make sure you have update /etc/krb5.conf as required, please ask your IT expert for the correct values like kdc, admin_server, domain_realm etc

d), please make sure the /etc/sssd/sssd.conf file is updated as required;

you can also paster your /etc/hosts, krb5.conf and sssd.conf here for analysis.

The best way to get this issue solved quickly is,  open a SR for it:)

0 Kudos
zsalazar
Contributor
Contributor

@yanchaozhang is correct here in the troubleshooting steps. I've seen this issue after pushing out some new pools on Linux and it appears that you cannot login using domain creds.

I typically have our Senior Linux admin chase these down for our team.

Also I've seen solutions work from all the suggested steps @yanchaozhang  is offering which I'll post below.

yanchaozhang
VMware Employee

‎01-19-2023 12:25 AM

Hi CY11490,

some 'best practices' here just F.Y.I.

a), please make sure your have time synced with the domain controller,.e.g both the AD and your VM synced with the same NTP server
b), please make sure the /etc/hosts file are updated as required;

c), please make sure you have update /etc/krb5.conf as required, please ask your IT expert for the correct values like kdc, admin_server, domain_realm etc

d), please make sure the /etc/sssd/sssd.conf file is updated as required;

you can also paster your /etc/hosts, krb5.conf and sssd.conf here for analysis.

The best way to get this issue solved quickly is,  open a SR for it:)

0 Kudos