rleonardq
Contributor
Contributor

is SSO required for linux agent vm?

heres my setup

Connection server bound to an AD domain

Ubuntu 22 esxi based vm running with viewagent installed

The only way i can get a login session is to bind the agent vm to AD via SSSD

i have tried installing the agent various ways both with SSO support and without.  the only combo i can get to work is with SSO support and agent bound to AD via SSSD.

the symptom i get is the client screen is just black.  oddly enough, in horizon connection server console the event db shows a session for the agent vm but when i look at active sessions it does not show any for that pool or vm.

my question is do i have to have the agent bound to AD?  i really just want to give the user a local login with no domain access.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
yanchaozhang
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi rleonardq,

for your question:

"my question is do i have to have the agent bound to AD?  i really just want to give the user a local login with no domain access."

seems VADC(Agent Direct-Connection without broker) is a better option here, your can refer to chapter 'Linux Installation Procedure' of this link:

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Horizon/2209/horizon-agent-direct-connection-plugin/GUID-BF4F88B3-...

after that ,you can use all the local users to login.

if broker is a mandatory, one WA (without bind to AD with tools like SSSD) is to create same local users on the vm with the same credentials like that in AD.

please have a try and tell us if you have any problem.

0 Kudos