VMware Horizon Community
VDIWannabe007
Contributor
Contributor

Wyse V10L with VMware View 3 - Connect straight into RDP session on wyse boot

Hi all,

I have mostly got my Wyse config working however my issue now is that with VMware View 3 and Wyse Thin OS 6.3 when my Wyse client boots up it opens the Connection Manager and I then need to maually click on the RDP session to open it. Is there any way to get the session to connect automatically as there are only one virtual desktop per user (no pooled desktops). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Brentburtrum
Contributor
Contributor

In your system setup under the network heading do you have you view management server in the VDI Broker field? If that is the case your login box should auto popup and then all you need to do is enter a user name and password.

0 Kudos
ussi
Contributor
Contributor

You should try a downgrade to Wyse Thin OS 6.2.x.

With Thin OS 6.3.x is no Fullscreen mode available with VDI. (we wrote a email to the wyse support)

0 Kudos
EricMonjoin
Expert
Expert

Here a workaround (sorry it's just a workaround and not the solution) given to me by a Wyse consultant.

To enable Fullscreen on Wyse V10L, first connect with View Client on Fullscreen mode. Once done every following login with the Wyse will be "full screen".

Kind Regards

Eric

0 Kudos
jnickel
Contributor
Contributor

As for the "full screen" thing - I have clients with 2 monitors....How do I get them to have both active when using VMware View 3.0?

I think the original poster wanted the Wyse Terminal to automatically connect to the RDP session rather than listing it AFTER the user has authenticated with the VDI broker. I have the same thing happen...you have to click the RDP session after you have logged in. If you only have just the one RDP session, is there some way to make it automatically connect to that session rather than having to click on it after logging into the View Broker?

Thanks,

Jim

0 Kudos
EricMonjoin
Expert
Expert

check on this post : http://communities.vmware.com/thread/189934 solution is on vdmadmin.exe

0 Kudos
jnickel
Contributor
Contributor

Yup....the vdmadmin.exe fixes the "auto-login" issue! Thanks!

However, how do I fix the multi-monitor or dual head monitor issue?

Thanks,

Jim

0 Kudos
EricMonjoin
Expert
Expert

View Client don't provide dual screen, so actually here some possiblity :

• Wyse Thin Client with TCX Multi Monitor Support extensions

• Software solution as Splitview

None of those solution have all the functionnality provided by a real PC with 2 monitors.

Now for fullscreen connexion with a Wyse V10L Dual DVI on both monitor, I don't yet if the workaround works in this case. I'm waiting for Wyse for such devices and I'll tell you then.

0 Kudos
sfont3n
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

which command did you use with vdmadmin.exe to force the auto login

0 Kudos
mnasir
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I just deployed Wyse S10 and V 10 with VMware view 3.1.1, and everything is working as planned – if you are considering deploying it in production. I strongly recommend not just follow my instructions outlined below. You should consider reviewing many helpful documents and best practices/How TOs’ on the VMware and Wyse websites.

Tip 1: You should use Wyse Firmware code 6.4._12. This code is supported with VMware view 3.1.X. See the following link: []=68&datePosted=-1&partnerId[]=192&rorre=0

Tip 2: You should download the rapport (Wyse Device Manager) server from the link below , this is free from Wyse. This way you can centrally manage update all your Wyse devices from a central console.

Tip 3:I recomend using ConfGen to generate wnos.ini file . This utility gives you a nice graphical user interface to create advanced ini file for Wyse devices. I am pasting my sample configuration.

bq. ;*************************************************************
~ ;* ~
~ ;
This wnos.ini file was generated with the ~
~ ;
Configuration File Generator 5.0.05 ~
~ ;
Copyright by Thomas Moellerbernd ~
~ ;
~
~ ;
~
~ ;
~
~ ;
***********************************************************~
~ ;
~ ;
General 1 ~
~ ;
~ autoload=1~
~ AdminMode=yes Username=XXXX Password=XXXXX~
~ Privilege=None ShowDisplaySettings=Yes~
~ ;
~ ;
General 2 ~
~ ;
************************************************************~
~ DisableButton=yes~
~ ;FormURL=logon_logo.bmp * NOT SURE YET~
~ ;************************************************************~
~ ;
General 3 ~
~ ;
~ Autopower=yes~
~ AutoSignoff=yes~
~ ;
~ ;
Display ~
~ ;
~ DeskColor="0 0 32"~
~ Screensaver="5" LockTerminal=no Type=2 Image=XXXXXX.jpg~
~ ShutDownInfo=yes~
~ ;
~ ;
Time ~
~ ;
~ Timeserver=XXX.XXXX.com Timeformat="12-hour format" Dateformat=mm/dd/yyyy~
~ TimeZone='GMT - 05:00' ManualOverride=yes Daylight=yes Start=030507 End=100507 TimeZoneName="US Eastern Standard Time"~
~ DayLightName="US Eastern Daylight Time"~
~ ;
~ ;
Network ~
~ ;
************************************************************~
~ Device=Ethernet Speed="100M FD"~
~ VDIBroker=https://View manager Server name.com~
~ ConnectionBroker=VDM~
~ SignOn=yes enableok=yes disableyes=yes~
~ MaxVNCD=1~
~ VncPassword="MDAHMLACNDBDJCHH" Encrypt=yes~
~ VncPrompt=No~

Setup Wyse Environment:

Use WDM installation manual to setup your WDM server. Copy the wnos.ini and the current firmware code to the WNOS folder and add dhcp scope option 186 on you DHCP scope. After you set the proper DHCP scope, all you need to do is reboot your Wyse. It will download the new firmware code from WDM server and give you nice VMware View login window.

If you find this post helpful, please consider awarding points.

0 Kudos