Just a quick heads up for anyone planning on moving to vmware view 4.0.1 I know from my sources that View 4.5 is about 5 months away. I plan to wait for that to do any upgrades to my View
Oh man, 5 month is a long time.
And the Update to 4.01 is simply, is only the connection server, view agent and view client!
Won't ther be a View 4 Update 1 (or 4.1) before 4.5 is released? There was supposed to be an update in Q1 that includes Windows 7 support.
Also heared something in that way, so lets wait what will happen the next weeks!
I found less challenges in 4.0.1 as of now...for running 45 Desktops of XP and 10 Desktops of Windows 7. For a mid range administration of this type....I hope 4.0.1 is efficient enough...Although 4.5 will be a major release, and we dont know what will be the challenges in that. I would say YES to 4.0.1, minor release for 4.0.1 will be on the way....
VCP 3&4, MCTS(Hyper-V).
Please award points, if helpful
View4 update 1 is already out. I have it installed.
View 4.5 is scheduled to go into Beta next month. There are numerous changes none of which I am allowed to disclose under our NDA, but I am looking forward to it. I certainly hope that this product is the true enterprise grade broker that a lot of us have been waiting for.
How do you become a beta tester for vmware?
Is the View 4.5 beta already available? Where can we download it?
There is a limited Beta for View 4.5 but you'll need to talk to your VMware representative to see if you can get onto it. You'll need to sign NDA's etc, it's not available to the public.