VMware Horizon Community
VSprague
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

View user's being kicked out

I've been running View 5.0 since it was released with almost no issues. Within the past two weeks I've been made aware of an issue where users are all being kicked out of their desktops. They are able to log back in and re-connect to their desktops. However they are being kicked out every few hours. And it appears to be happening to everyone at the same time. I've looked at the event logs on the View connection server and the only thing I see relates to some kind of VC Outage.

Event ID 103:

VC_OUTAGE:Url:https://vi01.domain.local:443/sdk

Event ID 102:

VirtualCenter https://vi01.domain.local:443/sdk is currently unavailable - attempting to reconnect

Event ID 103:

OFFLINE:Server:cn=1a7b2a88-ee5a-4905-a1ca-f1c35fcbb697,ou=servers,dc=vdi,dc=vmware,dc=int;Pool:cn=domain-pool-01,ou=server groups,dc=vdi,dc=vmware,dc=int;DNS:ipHostNumber=vm-wks-19.domain.local, ipHostNumberOverride not set;

Any suggestions would be appreciated. This is becoming very annoying.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
marcdrinkwater
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

0 Kudos
Calyps0Craig
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Did you get a resolution to this? We suddenly started to see this issues today. I check the KB that Marc posted but it's for MS Server 2003 - we are on 2008 R2.

Cheers

Craig

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Technically vCenter being offline should not have any impact on your use sessions.   It would only impact the ability to provision or push commands such as resets and shutdowns to the desktops.     On the other hand it could be a clue as to what's going on.    Can you run the agent logs to see what kind of error messages are logged when the user drops connection?

0 Kudos
Calyps0Craig
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

None of our users were actually dropped out of their sessions (that we know of). We were getting the same error messages, it was taking up to 5 mins for a connection server to hand off a request and the connection servers were not able to power on machines if they were off. All very weird.

In the end we powered off all of the connection servers and powered them up 1 at a time. Waited until all services were up and functioning before powering on the next. Magically, it's all working again.

0 Kudos