VMware Horizon Community
morrisosu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

View 4.0 Cannot Create Auto Desktop Pool...Desktop Composer VcFault

We are running ESX 4.0.0 on our hosts and we are running a demo of VMware View 4.0. We are trying to create an automated desktop pool using linked clones with VM composer. However, when we create the pool and the composer attempts to create a clone using the master Win XP VM we get an error in vCenter (A specified parameter was not correct. spec.snapshot). In the View 4 admin console we get several ambiguous errors:

Pool control for desktop pc-xp is disabling provisioning due to a clone error - Desktop Composer VcFault:

Pool cn=a8b47af6-1ce5-47ab-ba70-f679d8fd7cf3,ou=virtualcenter,ou=properties,dc=vdi,dc=vmware,dc=int::Unable to create new VM - Desktop Composer VcFault: see event log for full error

Desktop Composer VcFault: see event log for full error - Unknown -

I have researched this issue until my eyes have started to bleed! I even made sure my master VM has no "Independent Disks", which was reported to have caused similar issues in View 3-ESX3.5 setups.

If anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Shane

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kjohnston
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Try disconnecting the ESX host from VC and reconnecting it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
kjohnston
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Are you using ESX4.0u1 or just ESX4.0? I think this may happen only when not on u1.

morrisosu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

We are running ESX 4.0.0 Build 208167 on all hosts, which I believe is the latest and greatest.

0 Kudos
kjohnston
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Try disconnecting the ESX host from VC and reconnecting it.

0 Kudos
morrisosu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That did it! You sir are a life saver!

Thanks again!

Shane

0 Kudos