VMware Horizon Community
BlueCloud
Contributor
Contributor

View 4.0.1 Bad / Choppy Desktop Performance

Ok lets start off with i am not worried about MMR at this point i am having issues where even moving a desktop around on the screen is choppy.

Hardware ( this is a test network )

- Network - Gigabit switch for 2 desktops, 2 thin clients, 1 server

- Server - 2x 2.66ghz QC 5400 series CPU's - 64GB RAM - this is a test environment so its local storage (8x146GB SAS 15k RPM RAID-10)

- Clients - i have tried both Wyse C90LE and a windows PC running windows 7 to connect to the View 4 session

- Clients all use View Client and not the web page

- VDI - the VDI machine is Windows XP SP3 running on VMware ESXi 4 U1 (server above) with a VM on that machine running vCenter 4 U1. The View Agent is installed on the XP machine.

- View 4 Config - SSL is disabled. Direct Connection is enabled. The only VDI machine on this box is configured as a single desktop delivered to a single user. No pools have been setup as this is all for testing.

With this said i have horrible desktop performance. RDP is great. Every test i do on this server VM's are smoking fast. PCoIP is very bad, i can see the redraw where some icons are fuzzy and then they come in clear. Just wondering if anyone has any idea what i should be doing to look for where i am getting this performance issue.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Hi and welcome to the VMTN Communities!

There can be a few different issues here but start off following this guide of how to get PCoIP running:

http://www.thatsmyview.net/2009/12/18/how-to-get-pcoip-with-view-4-to-work-every-time/

Please post again if those steps don't work for you.

Best regards,

Linjo

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos