jasonboche
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

VMware View 5.0 copy/paste operations problem

vSphere 5.0

View 5.0

PCoIP

I was unable to copy/paste between my View client session and my desktop so I powered off the View VM and added the following to the VM advanced configuration:

isolation.tools.copy.disable = true

isolation.tools.paste.disable = true         

Partial success… I can copy from my desktop and paste into the View VM but I can’t do the reverse.  I can’t copy inside the View VM and bring that clipboard text back out to my desktop.  I didn’t see anything about copy/paste in the View Connection Server pool or global configuration.

The interesting thing is that outside of the View client, copy/paste works both directions when accessing the VM using the vSphere Client remote console.  This tells me the commands above work and are correct, except they don’t work 100% with the View Client.

Am I missing anything?

Thank you,

Jas

VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

No need to edit VMX settings the View client does not use them.

Did you check the View Agent GPOs to make sure bi-directional copy / paste is enabled?

WP

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

No need to edit VMX settings the View client does not use them.

Did you check the View Agent GPOs to make sure bi-directional copy / paste is enabled?

WP

0 Kudos
srodenburg
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I just upgraded the Lab to View 5 and i have the exact same issue as Jason. I can copy from the local desktop to the virtual desktop but not the otherway around.

"Did you check the View Agent GPOs to make sure bi-directional copy / paste is enabled?"

Yes. That policy is enabled.

SrinivasM
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. Did any got any resolution.

- Able to copy/paste from my host to View machine

- Not able to copy/paste from view machine to host

Regards,

Srinivas

0 Kudos
cmarkus
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I too seem to be able to copy from desktop to my linked-clone view desktop, but unable to do the reverse.  You folks are mentioning a GPO that controls bi-directional copy/paste functionality?  Where exactly is that GPO, I can't seem to find it.

thanks,

chris

0 Kudos
jasonboche
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I haven't done any work on this since but it still annoys me from time to time in that copy/paste in 1 direction works, but not in the opposite direction.  VMware offers GPO templates which can be found on the View Connection Server in the following location:

c:\Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Server\extras\GroupPolicyFiles\

There are six .adm templates plus some ThinPrint DLLs.

VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

This is by default for security reasons, here is from the admin guide:

Configure clipboard redirection

Determines the direction in which clipboard redirection is allowed. You can select one of these values:

Enabled client to server only  (That is, allow  copy and paste only from the client system to the View desktop.)

Disabled in both directions

Enabled in both directions

Enabled server to client only (That is, allow  copy and paste only from the View desktop to the client system.)

Clipboard  redirection is implemented as a virtual channel. If virtual channels  are disabled, clipboard redirection does not function.

This setting applies to the server only.

When this setting is disabled or not configured, the default value is Enabled client to server only.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
jasonboche
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It's working now. Thank you.

New blog post: Enabling VMware View PCoIP Copy/Paste bit.ly/tjuu4q

0 Kudos