VMware Horizon Community
JimP99
Contributor
Contributor

Updating SSl certificate in vmware view connection server and security server

Hi Folks,

I want upgrade SSL certificate in my vmware view connection server and security server . most of VDI client are  thin client which are just delivering SAP application solution via VDI.

so if i will update my SSL certificate in my vmware view servers does it create any impact on my vdi thin client ?

Do i reqired  any changes at VDI thin client ?

Thank you for your help in advance

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Typically you will not experience any problems as long as your using a valid trusted certificate.    Everything is done on the server infrastructure so you don't need to worry about configuring the clients.    Here is a troubleshooting KB in case you do run into any issues.    At the bottom of the page there are also links for requesting certificates in case you are unfamiliar with that process.

VMware KB: Troubleshooting SSL certificate issues in VMware Horizon View 5.1 and later

0 Kudos
JimP99
Contributor
Contributor

thank you for posting me,

just want to more clear out hear if i update my SSl certificate,

Lest say  I'm done with updating SSL than what going to happen with my current running VDI sessions ?

Does they required any manual configuration or they just reconnect sessions automatically and everything will running back ?

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

To finalize the loading of the new certificate you will have to restart the View services which could, depending on setup, impact running sessions.   If those sessions were to get disconnected the user would have to reconnect..

0 Kudos